Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scooter Rallies in the 1980s.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Expecting to see footage of petrol bombs getting slung around black rock by the scooter boys! Good viewing from the prom above where most of the old billtching from:moo:
As a mod from the 60s I do not remember petrol bombs at black rock, however I think this comment was tongue in in cheek. I think this film was made a lot later in1980s and not in Brighton. still fond memories of my Vespa GS driving around like a nutter not wearing a crash helmet

As a mod from the 60s I do not remember petrol bombs at black rock, however I think this comment was tongue in in cheek. I think this film was made a lot later in1980s and not in Brighton. still fond memories of my Vespa GS driving around like a nutter not wearing a crash helmet

The signs are that this was mainly filmed in Morecambe in 1987.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

The scooter boy scene split from the late 70s mod revival in the early 80s to mainly escape the elitist look the mods had, wearing combats, bomber jackets shaved heads or outlandish quifs to normal Harvey moon haircuts. The feel was more all encompassing and that went for the music aswell everything from Desmond Decker, Bad Manners, Northern Soul, Psychobilly, Punk Oi could be heard at the rallies and yes we fought with the mods aswell as townies.

Great times, nearly every town had a scooter club.

DECK CHAIRS AT DAWN

Feb 20, 2012
004.jpg

Still got my S1(TS1 240)
Did most rallies in the 80's.All over Britain and a few in Europe.Still do the odd one but more into the other 2 bikes:rave::rave:

Don't recall any petrol bombs on any rally,thou the I.O.W came very close one year-Happy misspent youth:clap2:

rexwedge

Aug 22, 2005
worthing
Did most of the rallies around the country from 81to 85ish.
Great times. Worthing Bulldogs Sc. Some were pretty heavy.
Went to a lot of depressed northern seaside towns.
We had a reunion some time back and now am the proud owner of a Lambretta again.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The petrol bombs were in'65 or '66.Remember a flying Lambretta SX225 with chrome side panels.It crashed on the beach,though,cos we couldn't throw it very far!:lolol::rock:

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
My first rally was 1992 (Margate) so just missed out! Still plenty of grass skirts & wrecking to The Meteors to be had though!! Last one I went to was 3 years ago now. Was lucky enough to DJ the skinhead Train reggae do at the Ryde working Mans club. Still got 2 scooters in the shed but hardly see the light of day now.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Lambretta Li150, GT200 and GP200. Once a Mod, always a Mod.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The scooter boy scene split from the late 70s mod revival in the early 80s to mainly escape the elitist look the mods had, wearing combats, bomber jackets shaved heads or outlandish quifs to normal Harvey moon haircuts. The feel was more all encompassing and that went for the music aswell everything from Desmond Decker, Bad Manners, Northern Soul, Psychobilly, Punk Oi could be heard at the rallies and yes we fought with the mods aswell as townies.

Great times, nearly every town had a scooter club.

Remember having a punch up with about 50 of these fellas at the bottom of West St one bank holiday in the mid 80's. Now that was a proper row...game as.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here