Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The Double"_ Cup AND League Title - it's on !!!

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Bugger all this reservist attitude. We've got fitness & depth within our squad this season, let's have a crack at making history !
Biggest danger in playing safe is ending up with the worst case scenario, namely a Draw.
Aim to actually win something tangible before the years of mid-table mediocrity / relegation dogfight set in.

Whilst it's only a few clubs that have ever achieved "The Double", no one has ever dared accomplish it from the 2nd Tier - let's bloody well have a good go at it !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whilst it's only a few clubs that have ever achieved "The Double", no one has ever dared accomplish it from the 2nd Tier - let's bloody well have a good go at it !

West Brom have won the cup and been promoted from the second tier in a season. They finished second though. I'd take that.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Love the FA cup but the leauge is the most important priority but I trust CH to make the right decisions and it also gives players time to other members of the squad.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If we beat Lincoln, it is then the fifth round which is semi serious. Get a decent home draw in the fifth and we are looking at quarter finals and it has then got very serious.

With our squad, surely we can give it a go.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Was going to start a similar thread a few weeks back, on the lines of wouldn't it be a weird full circle of events if the season we (if) get promoted back to the prem(div 1) we got to the cup final again the same as we did when last exiting the top flight in 83..... but I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Was going to start a similar thread a few weeks back, on the lines of wouldn't it be a weird full circle of events if the season we (if) get promoted back to the prem(div 1) we got to the cup final again the same as we did when last exiting the top flight in 83..... but I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it

And now you have...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The former Champions of Europe are in with a massive shout of the double, as well. :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you can guarantee the Albion a similar draw through the rounds to Millwall's x years ago, I'm in.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't stand all this negativity about the Cup. Winning is a habit, so cup success can rub off in league performances. Teams that keep winning don't get so tired either, mentally at least.
Not too many reserves for the cup either, please - remember our first team is never at its best after a break.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here