Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Part in History, Gone!

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
If you purchased a Heritage Stone/ Tile and thought you were part of history, not anymore, the club are going to sell more.
Be Part of It, was the campaign before the staduim opened and those that did like myself were proud to do so, now anyone can do it & heres the real kick in the teeth,
they get a framed certificate in a presentation box, we got a certificate in a brown envelope.
I dare say there are many fans out there who missed the chance first time round & would love to do it, I'd probably do it myself if I hadn't already but don't slap the face of those
that did it originally.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you purchased a Heritage Stone/ Tile and thought you were part of history, not anymore, the club are going to sell more.
Be Part of It, was the campaign before the staduim opened and those that did like myself were proud to do so, now anyone can do it & heres the real kick in the teeth,
they get a framed certificate in a presentation box, we got a certificate in a brown envelope.
I dare say there are many fans out there who missed the chance first time round & would love to do it, I'd probably do it myself if I hadn't already but don't slap the face of those
that did it originally.

This had a context that has passsed. I was going to add 'grow up' but that's a bit harsh.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
that did it originally.

You understand that over time all these new buyers will be part of the clubs heritage, yes?

Get over yourself.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
that did it originally.

I paid for one for my dad who never lived to see the Amex and I have absolutely no problem with more stones being purchased! What exactly is your problem with this? Should others not have the opportunity to remember their loved ones?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
that did it originally.

I thought the campaign was called Alive & Kicking. That's what my certificate said.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
that did it originally.

How about we build a wall around yours?

1435325_630x354.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the history of inappropriate marketing slogans for memorial stones, that has to be right up there..

Ha ha. At the time it was promised as your name on your seat, but then changed to plaques later. In fact, the first plaques/stones were so inferior, they had to re-do them all on a wall.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'd like one. Cheaper than Woodvale Cemetery.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I paid for one for my dad who never lived to see the Amex and I have absolutely no problem with more stones being purchased! What exactly is your problem with this? Should others not have the opportunity to remember their loved ones?

Of course they should be able to and they can, I think my post has been twisted some what.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here