Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assists

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Has anybody got no of assists per player. I will be interested how many Murray has. Like most strikers tends to be selfish anywhere near goal but there have been several occasions like at Preston where it looked like he should have passed to player in better position

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Knockhaert with 1 assist is the stand out stat for me. With his ability to beat people he should be creating more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knockhaert with 1 assist is the stand out stat for me. With his ability to beat people he should be creating more.

Sadly though AK is comfortably top of the 'shooting over the bar from an incredibly tight angle' stat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Try to remember the assist goes to the person who last touched the ball before the actual goalscorer. It doesn't take account of who might have crossed the ball or laid on a defence splitting pass. A good example of relying on stats rather than the bigger picture.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Never said too selfish. Just made comment that strikers in general are selfish

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Try to remember the assist goes to the person who last touched the ball before the actual goalscorer. It doesn't take account of who might have crossed the ball or laid on a defence splitting pass. A good example of relying on stats rather than the bigger picture.

Thanks for the advice.

So what can we read into Hourihane's 11 assists? Or the 6 a piece from Shelvey and Ritchie?

Are their assist stats an indicator of their creative ability or am I being misled?

I love Knocky as much as the next man but I've also seen him shoot from stupid angles when a team made was in a better position. I'm not knocking him but there are areas of his game that he can improve on. (And yes I know, if he always made the right decision he wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be at Man City. But wouldn't it be good if he could improve whilst playing for us?)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If you watch closely you can see Murray telling him this 2-3 times per game, loudly and with expletives usually.

I'm glad to hear this, and will watch out for it. It drives me mad, and as much as he's a fantasy player that has done so much for us, he's not going to push on as a player unless he's constantly striving to improve his decision-making, and this looks to me like as good a situation where he could start.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'd been aware of that stat for a while although, to be fair, he has set up a number of chances that have been spurned (one for Kayal pre-injury particularly sticks in my mind), and there were several assists from Knockaert last season. The Stephens one assist stat also stood out for me. Room for improvement there too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Only NSC would dig out our best forward, top scorer and one of our players of the season for being too selfish.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And there's currently a witch hunt underway for our top goal creator! It's quite incredible really.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Whilst I agree to an extent, Skalak is 100000% in the side for his (at times) world class crossing ability, so in his instance it's pretty accurate.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
That's hilarious - probably the 3 most vilified players on NSC are the three who have the most assists... who would have thought it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Did AK not get the assist for Dunk's goal at Fulham then? Thought assists went to the last player on the scoring side to touch the ball, bar the goal scorer obviously.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks for the advice.

So what can we read into Hourihane's 11 assists? Or the 6 a piece from Shelvey and Ritchie?

Are their assist stats an indicator of their creative ability or am I being misled?

I love Knocky as much as the next man but I've also seen him shoot from stupid angles when a team made was in a better position. I'm not knocking him but there are areas of his game that he can improve on. (And yes I know, if he always made the right decision he wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be at Man City. But wouldn't it be good if he could improve whilst playing for us?)

I'm saying don't just rely on the stats!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here