Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail Refunds for not being able to get to games at the Amex - its on!

Masky

Jan 15, 2011
Since my season ticket includes my rail travel from Haywards Heath, I was wondering if I (or the club) could be refunded the 'travel part' due to the appalling service delivered by Southern Rail. I did try and claim and uploaded a picture of my season ticket ... this was rejected and I challeged back .. this is the response .. so lets get all 10000 or so who travel by train to start asking for refunds if we can get the info from the club - the itemised bill!

On 17 Jan 2017, at 10:21, <comments@SouthernRailway.com> <comments@SouthernRailway.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Maskell

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your claim for Delay Repay for travel date 18th of November.

I am sorry to hear of the disruption caused when you travelled with us.

As far as I am aware, there is a deal in place between Southern Railway and Brighton and Hove Albion in which the clubs season ticket holders can travel for free between Brighton and Falmer. This is a Brighton and Hove Albion season ticket perk which adds no extra cost to the season ticket, therefor it is unable to be compensated for.

If you are able to provide us with an itemised bill from the club, confirming which portion of the season ticket is dedicated to the cost of travel, then we will be able to look into compensating you. You can provide us with this information in reply to this email by adding an attachment.

I look forward to your response.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you may have endured.

Kind regards

AP
Southern Customer Services

Southern is the trading name of Govia Thameslink Railway Ltd. Registered in England under number: 7934306 Registered offices: 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE.

This email is sent subject to our email disclaimer which can be accessed at: http://www.southernrailway.com/disclaimer/
Southern is a trading name of Southern Railway Ltd
Registered in England under number: 06574965
Registered offices: 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6EE

This email is sent subject to our email disclaimer which can be accessed at: www.southernrailway.com/emaildisclaimer

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sounds like its off to me, club isnt going to provide that information.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You're contract is with the club not Southern. Try contacting Paul Barber for compensation.

And really you'd be getting a couple of quid for the games that did have disruption...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair to Paul Barber he did get compensation for us Player users when the service was shocking. Might be worth asking him. That said I'd also write back and suggest Southern must know how much per person the club pays and they can surely pro-rater it for you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the club (or Chairman) have suffered enough additional costs providing extra transportation and park and rides without 22,000 or so fans demanding refunds

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be fair to Paul Barber he did get compensation for us Player users when the service was shocking. Might be worth asking him.

We're in an absolutely pivotal transfer window in what could be THE defining season in the Albion's history, with the CEO at the very heart of matters. And you recommend thousands of fans flood his inbox about a refund of a couple of quid on a train ticket? :facepalm:

Just leave the bloke alone!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We're are in an absolutely pivotal transfer window in what could be THE defining season in the Albion's history, with the CEO at the very heart of matters. And you recommend thousands of fans flood his inbox about a refund of a couple of quid on a train ticket? :facepalm:

Just leave the bloke alone!

This. If there is any refunding to be done, the club should get a big lump sum and keep it to go towards the cost of all the extra P&Rs and buses they've had to provide, plus the lost revenue for people simply deciding not to go because it's too difficult.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Paper/print at home tickets show the transport levy as being £4 for adults and £2 for concs.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
AP from Southern comes across as an idiot.

We all pay an enforced fee on our Season tickets for subsidised travel. It's not free travel.
Also the rail area covered under the subsidy is much wider than Brighton to Falmer.

As said any compensation due should go to the club to compensate for alternative travel arrangements.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Southern have taken a payment from the club on our behalf. The club may well be entitled to reclaim this money as Southern haven't provided the service that we have paid for.

I think we should contact the AP for southern just to highlight the point that they aren't supplying the service they are paid to deliver

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
AP from Southern comes across as an idiot.

We all pay an enforced fee on our Season tickets for subsidised travel. It's not free travel.
Also the rail area covered under the subsidy is much wider than Brighton to Falmer.

As said any compensation due should go to the club to compensate for alternative travel arrangements.

I think I saw the figure as an extra £500K for coaches etc. I think the club is entitled to compensation, but not fans.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's four quid per match, that's published somewhere I'm sure. Put the claims in to southern, but don't waste the clubs time, they need to sort out signing a striker.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
As mentioned, it says on printed tickets the transport levy (i.e. "portion of the season ticket is dedicated to the cost of travel") is £4 for adults and £2 for concessions. This does, however, include the use of buses as well which may complicate matters.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm sure the Clubs contract with Southern to provide transport to get it's supporters to the matches, would have included some sort of failure to provide said transport to a suitable standard. As the debacle has not yet come to an end, I would suspect minions are totaling up the cost to the Club, ready for firm legal action when the full losses to the Club are known.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure that's what I implied in my post. Unless you were just emphasising the point of course.

Yes. I was. It all adds to the huge amount of money that Tony has to find every week, when some fans are whinging about an odd £4.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So what is the split from the £4 for the train ?

What is the bus part ? What is the park and ride part ? What is the part given to seagulls travel ? What part is used to provide the car parks and car park stewards ?

It seems any refund should be a lot less than £4.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yes. I was. It all adds to the huge amount of money that Tony has to find every week, when some fans are whinging about an odd £4.

I agree that the £4 is not something to bother the club with, but how much Tony Bloom chooses to spend every day, every week, month and season is his choice, and his choice alone, and he can afford it, it should not be a stick to beat the fans with. A billionaire can afford £1m a month for many, many years (80 years or so), and still be a multi millionaire. I'm not at all ungrateful, I love the man, and love what's he's built and building for the Albion, and the fans. Some fans may only go because he forks out so much cash on subsidising the club, some fans would go if we were L1 mid table, regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here