Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell wanted

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Id definately let him go especially if Ince stays - would be good for him to play regularly somewhere and we can see what he's made of...

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought it was a few months away...No one will take him with a court case less than 4 weeks away!
It starts on Feb 13th I believe ( unless it has been put back and I missed the news ).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Ince was one of the possible movers?

Yep - doesn't look like there's been much interest yet. Could potentially cope without them both - there's a few players who could do a job in CM I guess - Rosenior for one...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think Hughton said Towell is staying.

The Argus reported on October 1 that he could be sent out on loan in January to get games. Hughton was quoted as saying:-

He's back out running now, so that's good news. With the injury he had he could not train for a period of time and had to let the knee settle down. We are hopeful there is no reaction once he is back in training. He hasn't trained with the team - he is outside now doing his rehab - but at the moment he's had no reaction. ... He's definitely a player we like. He's been great around the place but, of course, he hasn't had the games. It's one we will have to think about.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The Argus reported on October 1 that he could be sent out on loan in January to get games. Hughton was quoted as saying:-

He seems to have changed his mind since then.

This month he said “He’s trained very well. He’s been unfortunate. We’ve got players in that position, but he’s versatile, he’s good in the group and at this moment I don’t have any desire for him to go.”

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/footbal...ughton-rules-out-loan-move-for-richie-towell/

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/150...ilable_for_loans_as_Jake_Forster_Caskey_goes/

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Depends on incomings, but i'd like to see him at Ipswich for the rest of the season. Needs games in this division to see if he can cut it, i'm not convinced but prepared to be proved wrong with a loan move.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Depends on incomings, but i'd like to see him at Ipswich for the rest of the season. Needs games in this division to see if he can cut it, i'm not convinced but prepared to be proved wrong with a loan move.

I can see the sense in what you say. After all, barring an absolutely calamitous injury crisis he isn't going to make the starting eleven here this season.

As you say, if Ipswich are willing to take him, and play him, then we will have a fair idea if he can cut the mustard in this division, come May.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I can see the sense in what you say. After all, barring an absolutely calamitous injury crisis he isn't going to make the starting eleven here this season.

As you say, if Ipswich are willing to take him, and play him, then we will have a fair idea if he can cut the mustard in this division, come May.

Baldock injured, no replacement signed?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget there is NO RECALL on loans taken out in this window, so best not reduce the squad size any more from the already low 25.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here