Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retrospective diving bans

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
About bloody time. Let's hope they do it!

Diving bans: Football Association considers introducing retrospective bans

Wilfried-Zaha-708311.jpg

:eek:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
There's me thinking i would get 3 pts and a 6 month ban because i went through a speed cam last november !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How's Zaha getting on at the international diving championship he's at ? ???

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
How's Zaha getting on at the international diving championship he's at ? ???

MOM in the game he played yesterday.

Although its fun to laugh at Zaha I seem to recall one of your present wingers being all to quick to find the floor as it was mentioned over and over again in your last match thread.

(sorry I know I should not have posted on this thread)

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
MOM in the game he played yesterday.

Although its fun to laugh at Zaha I seem to recall one of your present wingers being all to quick to find the floor as it was mentioned over and over again in your last match thread.

(sorry I know I should not have posted on this thread)

I'll be more than happy to see Albion players banned if they're found guilty of it. :thumbsup:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
It HAS to come in. At the moment so many of them happen that being booked for it is no longer a moment of shame to be embarrassed by.

Well unfortunately we now have a culture where many coaches/managers even admit to advising players to go down if they feel any sort of contact, which is a ridiculous situation.

I feel these incidents should be judged by a 'concrete test'. As in would the player have gone down if playing on concrete?

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I'm sure there will be some (in the form of ex-playing pundits more than likely) who will speak against it by saying that not every incident can be conclusively proved via video replay. However, the threat of likely bans for dishonest behaviour should instil an honest approach from players which has, for far too long, been sorely lacking.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
100% this should be brought in. If the dive led to a penalty and/or a card for an opponent, and the review conclusively proves it was simulation, then a fine and a 2 match suspension should be dealt. Repeat offenses = bigger fines and longer bans.

Once that becomes commonplace, managers will soon be telling their players to cut that shit out.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And for defenders who have knowingly fouled an opponent but claim they dived/cheated??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And for defenders who have knowingly fouled an opponent but claim they dived/cheated??

A deliberate foul is already punished.

A deliberate dive is rarely punished. At worst its (occasionally) a yellow card for the perp, so the risk/reward when going down for a penalty is such that its well worth taking that risk. THATS what needs to change. There needs to be more serious consequences for the flying Zaha's of this world.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
100% this should be brought in.
Agreed.
If the dive led to a penalty and/or a card for an opponent, and the review conclusively proves it was simulation, then a fine and a 2 match suspension should be dealt.
I disagree. If it's a proven to be a dive, they should get a ban regardless of whether it led to a penalty etc. 2 games is also not enough IMO.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
100% this should be brought in. If the dive led to a penalty and/or a card for an opponent, and the review conclusively proves it was simulation, then a fine and a 2 match suspension should be dealt. Repeat offenses = bigger fines and longer bans.

Once that becomes commonplace, managers will soon be telling their players to cut that shit out.

What about the all in wrestling in the area before corners and free kicks

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed.
I disagree. If it's a proven to be a dive, they should get a ban regardless of whether it led to a penalty etc. 2 games is also not enough IMO.

I wouldn't object to that, but its dives that have seriously affected the outcome of the match, or resulted in wrongful punishment of an opponent that should be prioritised IMO.

2 games is the starting point, with incremental increases for your repeat Zaha's.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here