Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone listening to Radio Caroline?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Emperor Rosko Johnny Walker et al? Oh yes remember them well. Commercial radio has not come close since

This thread will go over the heads of 80 % of NSCers?

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks for link.

Interesting when you access it from the States you get a choice of 2 streams (UK and US East) - not sure if you get that in the UK. Both streams have different programming, I guess they tailor it for different audiences

Having read the notes on North American streams it appear it is the same stream but just delayed so you hear the breakfast show at breakfast time on the east Coast of US, but still means you can jump forward 5 hours to see if anything better is playing

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to love the pirate stations. Totally EXOTIC, all the way down to the ads. I mean, where could you actually BUY Stimarol Chewing Gum? Or Lois Lois Lois (jeans) Fur Girls Und Boyz? Radio Nord Zee International was always my favourite. Couldn't speak a word of Dutch, still can't, but always sounded like a form of strangulated English read by the Muppet Show Swedish Chef.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Crikey, are they still around? I thought the old pirate ship had been scrapped back in the 1970's.

Not a question I would expect in 2017.

My answer is "No". V rarely listen to any Radio stations - prefer to programme my own music. Push me in a corner and I might admit to listening to a bit of BBC 6 Music from time to time.

Commercial radio stations do my head in. Really dislike radio ads and most DJ banter

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Not a question I would expect in 2017.

My answer is "No". V rarely listen to any Radio stations - prefer to programme my own music. Push me in a corner and I might admit to listening to a bit of BBC 6 Music from time to time.

Commercial radio stations do my head in. Really dislike radio ads and most DJ banter

I agree with this but I do listen to BBC5live, talkRADIO and LBC.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Used to listen to Laser 558 when I traveled up from Brighton to Gatwlck Airport - signal was always strong at Gatwick and faded when you got nearer to Brighton. Happy days.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Even though a DAB station, does its best to create the same spirit as in the old days
Like the fact that it is an Album station...so interesting choice of music

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Crikey, are they still around? I thought the old pirate ship had been scrapped back in the 1970's.

I've been listening to Caroline since the 60's, my daughters middle name is Caroline.

Caroline original and best, Caroline continues.

Yes, I'm a Pirate Radio geek! =o)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here