Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature X: NOMINATIONS thread

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's January. It's 2017. It's time for WHC X.

You know the drill. This is the nominations thread so for a beast to make it into the tournament proper it needs to be both nominated and seconded.

The Polar Bear is back in(unless no-one nominates him....).

Please don't nominate or second a beast you have no interest in arguing for once the competition starts.

Nominations close on Friday afternoon(u.k time). If we get fifty beasts nominated and seconded before friday then nominations will automatically close.

This is the tenth anniversary edition of the WHC so lets make it the greatest of the lot.

O.K, it's time to....

GET NOMINATING!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
IT'S ON

As a long time honey badger fan I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm switching allegiance to TeamTardigrade.

Yoda

English & European
I would normally nominate the most deadly Spider (in term of venom, The Brazilian Wandering Spider) but this year, after watching Planet Earth II. It HAS to be the Jaguar. Having the balls to hunt and kill Caiman's (a deadly predator in his own right) should see him challenge for the later rounds.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm nominating two.

Firstly the PEOPLE'S CHAMP, despite the fact that it will never win due to the large-scale endemic corruption at NSC HQ. It's continual existence in the competition is enough to bloody the nose of the Blatters that run WHC, and long may it continue to outperform every single other beast.

Secondly I'd like to nominate the WALRUS, which hasn't appeared in the competition since 2009, and deserves a run.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
IT'S ON

As a long time honey badger fan I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm switching allegiance to TeamTardigrade.

Point of order [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Tardigrade is a phylum - it's at the same level of the tree of life as "arthropod", containing over 1 million species or "mollusc". Surely, in order to be a valid entry, a creature has to be more specific than that? If not, someone could nominate arthropod and then choose the hardest component parts on a species by species basis to create a composite animal...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Salt water crocodile - last year's worthy winner. Not your soft African version, or a caiman or any other variety, but a hard beast who swims out to sea to devour sharks.

Also following Planet Earth II, I would also like to mention the Chinstrap Penguins who have to combat 60 foot waves to try to feed their young, several times a day, despite being dashed upon jagged rocks, and carrying on when bleeding profusely.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Salt water crocodile - last year's worthy winner. Not your soft African version, or a caiman or any other variety, but a hard beast who swims out to sea to devour sharks.

Also following Planet Earth II, I would also like to mention the Chinstrap Penguins who have to combat 60 foot waves to try to feed their young, several times a day, despite being dashed upon jagged rocks, and carrying on when bleeding profusely.

Chinstrap Penguoins have already been nominated, but to avoid any doubt I will also second that nomination.
It's time to understand that there is more than one way to be hard. It's about more than just pointless aggression.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It got done over by dodgy second account votes last year so once again I'll nominate the Cassowary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here