Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cover in the squad

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It's recognised that we mostly need cover or an upgrade for Baldock. An injury to Murray or Hemed would leave us very exposed. (I can't believe that Murray won't get a red card sometime during the rest of the season.) If Stephens leaves, do we have enough in central midfield with Kayal, Sidwell, Norwood, Ince and Towell? Are March, Murphy, Knockaert and Skalak sufficient on the wings?The central defence (Dunk, Duffy, Goldson, Hunemeier) and right back (Bong, Pocognoli. Adekugbe) looks OK. What about left back cover for Bruno? Liam Rosenior is incredibly versatile, but will he stay fit? Is Hunt good enough?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's recognised that we mostly need cover or an upgrade for Baldock. An injury to Murray or Hemed would leave us very exposed. (I can't believe that Murray won't get a red card sometime during the rest of the season.) If Stephens leaves, do we have enough in central midfield with Kayal, Sidwell, Norwood, Ince and Towell? Are March, Murphy, Knockaert and Skalak sufficient on the wings?The central defence (Dunk, Duffy, Goldson, Hunemeier) and right back (Bong, Pocognoli. Adekugbe) looks OK. What about left back cover for Bruno? Liam Rosenior is incredibly versatile, but will he stay fit? Is Hunt good enough?

Think you've got your lefts and rights mixed up.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Crikey, I hope this is at the forefront of Bloom, Barber and Hughtons mind.:smile:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There can be too much analysis of cover and players needed. It tends to me media stuff hyped up. The main issue is getting the players we have, whoever they are playing well. Given who we have got, if they play well we will go up. If they do not we will not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It appears that the cover we have is generally adequate but when called upon they are lacking match practice due to the first choice being so consistent as was shown by Goldson on Saturday not sure what the answer is though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just one striker, maybe an attacking midfielder if we want to play a 4-4-1-1.

A loan for either would be fine as it will be difficult to buy anyone good enough for this season and the step up to the premiership

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
One striker to cover Baldock would be enough. Getting Rosenior and Kayal back is like two class signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
2 strikers, 1 as direct competition for Baldock and an U23 who could step up in the event of injuries/suspensions. Decent midfield competition for Stephens wouldn't go amiss either.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It appears that the cover we have is generally adequate but when called upon they are lacking match practice due to the first choice being so consistent as was shown by Goldson on Saturday not sure what the answer is though.

The number of players out was a major factor on Saturday too. Any team in this division would struggle with six players out, especially when four would start any normal game (and the other two were next in line for left back). Look how Newcastle have struggled without their main player (Shelvey) despite the squad they have.

There is no answer except to give the back up players a game when you can e.g. in the FA Cup. Some positions we've swapped players around quite a lot e.g. on the wing so they are all match fit but it is difficult to give Goldson a run in the side when Duffy and Dunk have been so dominant.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
We have so much scoring ability from the back and midfield, so another dangerous striker would be great to peg back teams allowing our non-striker scorers to add even more pressure. No divas though, please.

theboybilly

It was interesting to note that Murray gave Duffy a hard time over Preston's 1st goal on Saturday when it was Goldson who lost his man. Maybe Glenn thought Sean didn't take control himself. As it was I thought Preston were Preston and just lumped the ball forward to see what happened as they always seem to. There's nothing pretty in their game plan. Skalak and Adekugbe were like strangers and Jiri wasn't sure when or how to help the youngster out. Albion weren't on form at all but they were the only team playing football and could easily of got something out of that game on Saturday. But every loose ball seemed to fall for the hosts and their disrupting tactics worked for them too. It just wasn't our day

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It was interesting to note that Murray gave Duffy a hard time over Preston's 1st goal on Saturday when it was Goldson who lost his man. Maybe Glenn thought Sean didn't take control himself. As it was I thought Preston were Preston and just lumped the ball forward to see what happened as they always seem to. There's nothing pretty in their game plan. Skalak and Adekugbe were like strangers and Jiri wasn't sure when or how to help the youngster out. Albion weren't on form at all but they were the only team playing football and could easily of got something out of that game on Saturday. But every loose ball seemed to fall for the hosts and their disrupting tactics worked for them too. It just wasn't our day

Agree. Listened to the game on SFM and the commentators seemed a bit baffled as to how the result came about considering our display. Verdict, not our day.
Bring on the Massive. :albion2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Crikey, I hope this is at the forefront of Bloom, Barber and Hughtons mind.:smile:

Let's hope so...we'll only know for certain if we see some incoming transfer action before the end of January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here