Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest (A) Sat 4th March

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
According to the Sky Sports website, http://www.skysports.com/championship-fixtures, they have moved Huddersfield Vs Newcastle to a 5:30pm kick off so that they can show it live on Saturday 4th March.

They have not moved any of the other games to the Friday night, or the Saturday lunchtime slots.

Does anyone know if this means that they are not going to and it is safe to book train tickets?! Or is there still a possibility of it moving?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Same question from me regarding Leeds away. Sky have announced a live game on the Friday, does that mean Leeds away is safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, neither game is 100 % safe from being moved just yet.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Slightly off topic, I always thought Sky weren't allowed to show a 3pm kick off when there was a full programme going on elsewhere, clearly that's changed with them showing Blackburn vs Newcastle at 3pm on 2nd January.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Slightly off topic, I always thought Sky weren't allowed to show a 3pm kick off when there was a full programme going on elsewhere, clearly that's changed with them showing Blackburn vs Newcastle at 3pm on 2nd January.

I believe that rule only applies to the traditional saturday 3pm kick off slot

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Same question from me regarding Leeds away. Sky have announced a live game on the Friday, does that mean Leeds away is safe?

None of them are safe yet. They still have thursday slots and other times to fill. Arent the march fixtures due to be confirmed this week?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
None of them are safe yet. They still have thursday slots and other times to fill. Arent the march fixtures due to be confirmed this week?

Ish. The first weekend fixtures are due to be announced this week, with others for the latter part announced on 1st Feb. From then on, games being show on TV will then be announced on a 5 week rolling basis to end of the season.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I've already booked advanced train tickets which ties in an itinerary around the match. The problem is you have to book early to get the discount with the risk of not taking it up with a match change. Mentally I write it off when I book until confirmed otherwise. A sign of the times.

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Leeds is definitely being moved. Apparently the Leeds staff have already been informed of the reschedule.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
All looks good for 3pm KO. Is it reasonable to expect to walk to the station after the match from the away end and make a 5.30 train?

You should make it easy. Only slight problem is that the away exit is the opposite corner to the direction that you want to go, so you will spend the first few minutes walking either across or the opposite way to the majority of the crowd.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
All looks good for 3pm KO. Is it reasonable to expect to walk to the station after the match from the away end and make a 5.30 train?

They run buses on a match day that pick you up and drop you off just next to Leeds Station, they have always been cheap and quick when I have used them. Very similar to our park and ride system.

theboybilly

The nearest bus stop from the away end at the City Ground is about 5 minutes walk. You should easily get a bus from there to the station in time to make a 17.30 train (bus line 11, 90, X90) Walk out of the ground down Colwick Road and the bus stop is on the other side of Radcliffe Road

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Is this now confirmed Sat 3.00? Or is there still a chance it will be moved?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here