Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds and playoff chasers final points total

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
I was just looking at the form in the last ten games. Leeds would be level with us if they had beat us (we'd still have a game in hand) but their overall form and goals for and against in those ten games is similar to our overall form even though they lost against us and Newcastle. If that form continues in their next 20 games they'd be on 92 points. (it looks like they are improving, however). Newcastle, even if they repeat the form of their last 10 games which included 4 losses would also get above 90 at 91 points.

The worrying thing is apart from Huddersfield with lower points tally of 17 on 10 (slightly lower than Newcastle's 18), all the others in the chasing pack (even down to Derby) have all averaged at least 2 points per game, so all should finish above 80 points even down to 7th place (below playoffs). Obviously, this seems unlikely to happen but even the 3rd, 4th and 5th places are on course of close to 90 points at the rate the teams are going.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Leeds are superb. Awesome manager. Excellent defence, a midfield that is potentially better than ours with the brilliant Pablo Hernandez. They may have issues if Chris wood gets injured..

I see them as a massive threat, especially with our poor performances in the last couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Leeds look worrying at the moment. Any of the top six could put together a great run over the last 20 games of the season, although I doubt Huddersfield or Reading are quite up to it. The next few teams might just be able to do it too, but there's a bit of a gap that's now opened up, such that the peloton has been broken up. I'd be amazed if more than two clubs get over 90 points.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I was just looking at the form in the last ten games. Leeds would be level with us if they had beat us (we'd still have a game in hand) but their overall form and goals for and against in those ten games is similar to our overall form even though they lost against us and Newcastle. If that form continues in their next 20 games they'd be on 92 points. (it looks like they are improving, however). Newcastle, even if they repeat the form of their last 10 games which included 4 losses would also get above 90 at 91 points.

The worrying thing is apart from Huddersfield with lower points tally of 17 on 10 (slightly lower than Newcastle's 18), all the others in the chasing pack (even down to Derby) have all averaged at least 2 points per game, so all should finish above 80 points even down to 7th place (below playoffs). Obviously, this seems unlikely to happen but even the 3rd, 4th and 5th places are on course of close to 90 points at the rate the teams are going.
And what about us? How about stop worrying what everyone else can do! Let's just concentrate on what we can do, one game at a time.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Well our form indicates we should get around 100 points but do you really see that happening? This is from both overall form and also more recent form in the last ten games so we seem to be consistent.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shows how CRUCIAL our game in hand v Cardiff is.

To make up 9 points on us + goal difference would be a big ask for Leeds over 20 games.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Leeds are superb. Awesome manager. Excellent defence, a midfield that is potentially better than ours with the brilliant Pablo Hernandez. They may have issues if Chris wood gets injured..

I see them as a massive threat, especially with our poor performances in the last couple of months.

Give it a rest

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Unfortunately this, right now they look unstoppable.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Leeds look worrying at the moment. Any of the top six could put together a great run over the last 20 games of the season, although I doubt Huddersfield or Reading are quite up to it. The next few teams might just be able to do it too, but there's a bit of a gap that's now opened up, such that the peloton has been broken up. I'd be amazed if more than two clubs get over 90 points.

Monk's a good manager and Leeds have the wind in their sails at the moment. I reckon he would have turned it around at Swansea.

You're right about any of the top six having a shout so I am thankful of the extra points, game in hand and Dunks suspension over. Missing Dunk did have a bearing on the game, more so than Bong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still to play :

11 away matches for Leeds, just 9 at home.

10 away matches for albion, 11 at home.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Fairly amazing then that they all looked so ordinary on the same night.

Agree re Monk though, great manager, doing a fantastic job in polishing a turd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Monk's a good manager and Leeds have the wind in their sails at the moment. I reckon he would have turned it around at Swansea.

You're right about any of the top six having a shout so I am thankful of the extra points, game in hand and Dunks suspension over. Missing Dunk did have a bearing on the game, more so than Bong.

Agree about Monk, Monk at Swansea, and the threat of Leeds. They might do it this season, but they really will have to continue their (current) great run of form. The max points they can get is 108. I doubt they'll get as far as 90. The issue is whether we do.
Think Dunk and Stephens combined was the issue yesterday, but Preston are a good side, and we were due a defeat: I've witnessed two 2-1 away performances where we were pretty much second-best, but we still came away with six points; from the stats, and what WA and JC said on the radio we played well yesterday, but sometimes it happens.
Disagree about Dunk's bookings: that Fulham booking was a mistake in my view, as I've indicated on other threads.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fairly amazing then that they all looked so ordinary on the same night.

But we were really good right up until we got a penalty, numerical advantage and goal. The only time we've been really good for a while now. After that, it was a non-contest.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fairly amazing then that they all looked so ordinary in the same night.

We were very lucky we caught them on an off night. They have some real quality in the ranks now ... Roofe, viera, doukara, jannson, bridcutt and Hernandez who is better than any player we have and has played over 100 games for Valencia as well as being a star for Swansea in the premier league. He is still only 31, I don't know how they managed to sign him.

They have good strength in depth as well with mowatt and Dallas

I'm not saying they are better than us but if we don't improve performances soon we could go on a bad run, we have been very lucky in the last couple of months.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But we were really good right up until we got a penalty, numerical advantage and goal. The only time we've been really good for a while now. After that, it was a non-contest.

Exactly and that's the point, both us and Newcastle have made them look ordinary.

I do rate Monk, but I think he is the reason they are doing well and I'm not sure any of their players would get in our team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We were very lucky we caught them on an off night. They have some real quality in the ranks now ... Roofe, viera, doukara, jannson, bridcutt and Hernandez who is better than any player we have and has played over 100 games for Valencia as well as being a star for Swansea in the premier league. He is still only 31, I don't know how they managed to sign him.

They have good strength in depth as well with mowatt and Dallas

I'm not saying they are better than us but if we don't improve performances soon we could go on a bad run, we have been very lucky in the last couple of months.

Sorry don't agree at all.

Edit.

I have watched them live a number of times on TV and obviously at the Amex.

Janson arguably is the most overrated player in the division.......

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here