Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Bird

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
If anyone is at a loose (lose) end tonight and you like a bit of live music, you could do worse than pop along to the Green Door Store, near Brighton Station. Now I have been associated with The Forum in Tunbridge Wells and it's predecessor, The Rumble Club, for the best part of 30 years, so I think I know a bit about alternative/indie. Last night The Forum had the legendary Don Letts playing some tunes, supporting him were a local TW band, Lady Bird. I'd never seen Lady Bird before as they are quite a new band, but I thought they were effing brilliant. A good young mate of mine, and also a WSU regular, is the guitarist, so maybe I'm biased, but I really rate them and they play The Green Door Store tonight. They are friends of another of our TW bands, the quite successful Slaves, and I think they have been quite an influence on them, so if you like a punky Nirvana meets new wave kinda thing, get yourself along there. Also, the drummer is fantastic for a young 'en.
I hope to get them on the stage outside of the Amex once it gets a bit warmer, as I genuinely believe they could do something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here