Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell future

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
Richie towells future at the club must be in doubt.if he cant make the 18 man squadwhen 3 first team players are injured.CH must prefer a half fit Kayal?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If I remember correctly, the club has already named the players they're prepared to let go or loan out this window. I don't remember Towell being one of those names.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we do not sign a No 10 he could be the man from the bench to replace SB as needed or Kayal when he starts. So he has a future as a squad player for us.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Richie towells future at the club must be in doubt.if he cant make the 18 man squadwhen 3 first team players are injured.CH must prefer a half fit Kayal?
I would've thought it was more a case of giving kayal game time as we need him fit for Friday

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We had March, Murphy and Hemed on the bench, how many forwards do you want on the bench.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Squad player at best. Not convinced he's anywhere near the standard we require.

Can only think that Calderwood recommended Towell to Chris Hughton having twice taken him on loan at Hibs and saw something in him that everyone else missed. The games I saw him play in at Easter Road he was fairly anonymous - apart from a shocking bad back pass that let Jelavic score for Rangers.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We had March, Murphy and Hemed on the bench, how many forwards do you want on the bench.

Yup, our bench is always going to be something like:
2nd gk, Cb, Fb, Cm, Wing, Wing, Fwd

With Rosenior back it might change a bit as he covers lots of positions, but as a few of our wingers can play central, then Towell is going to miss out, unless one of our front three are suspended/injured.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I imagine he'll feature prominently next season if we don't go up. We'll be cashing in on some players and promoting squad players. If this happens I think he'll be quality for us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here