Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Masters snooker 2017

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The best tournament of the season is just about to start on BBC2 with Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo. It's just such a great event because anyone can win it and the standard is so high. I've put a tenner each way on Neil Robertson @ 12/1.

It's set up for a fantastic week of snooker. Bring it on! :clap:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ronnie 2-0 up and flying.........

then Liang shows what a good player he is, including a century.

2-2 at the mid-session interval.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Liang misses the easiest of blacks to knock the defending champion out. Unbelievable.

5-5. All on this frame..........

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ronnie wins again. The sign of a great champion and never let's anyone down with defensive tactics. He just attacks full stop and reaps the rewards.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ding safely through after a convincing 6-3 win over Kyren Wilson.

John Higgins v Mark Allen this afternoon.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good thread. Sorry you were talking to yourself yesterday... ~

Rocket was quite out of sorts and should have been going home but he was given a lifeline and grabbed it. Your bet on the Thunder depends quite a lot on which Ronnie turns up in the last 8 - assuming Robertson gets through his opener.

Ding is my second favourite player and he played well - great shame that he overhit the position off that last black in his maxi attempt. Very happy if he can go deep in this year's tournament.

Higgins' renaissance doesn't do much for me to be honest - but he is one of the greats, so I'd rather watch him play than a Mark Allen or a Kyren Wilson...

#snookerloopy

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The best tournament of the season is just about to start on BBC2 with Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo. It's just such a great event because anyone can win it and the standard is so high. I've put a tenner each way on Neil Robertson @ 12/1.

It's set up for a fantastic week of snooker. Bring it on! :clap:

2nd best tournament shirley. The World Championship is by far the best IMO. The buzz of the iconic venue. The length of the matches. The 16 day grueling competition.

How lucky was Ronnie. That black miss will give Liang a fair few sleepless nights.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Wizard of Wishaw is 2-0 up against Mark 'the pistol' Allen.

Impressive form from John Higgins.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and a great comeback from Mark Allen levels it at 2-2 at the interval.

Good snooker from both men... JH will be slightly disappointed at not having a lead.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
John Higgins forces a re-spot with a hugely gutsy 67 break in the 9th frame, only for Mark Allen to pot a massive black

5-4 to Allen #topsnooker

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Big opening red... and a frame winning break from John Higgins... one chance snooker... goes into the decider!

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Will Mark Allen aka The Fat Matt Prior seal the deal here or is there another twist in the tail?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I watched a fair bit of Joe Perry's excellent 6-1 win over Stuart Bingham tonight. The second frame was the key. It went to a re-spotted black and Perry never looked back after clinching it.

Anyone see that spectator who was being held back by a bouncer at the end? It didn't look like a "well done mate" gesture he wanted to get across to JP. Maybe he'd had a bet and lost? Alexandra Palace does attract a few idiots.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where's the cue ball going?!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
64 from Fu in the 3rd and he's broken down again... Trump has another chance to come from behind when the frame should have been over.

A couple of tough reds on the side cushion might make this a bit more tricky...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here