Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk's deliberate yellow card

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Preston were excellent in the air, would he have made a difference? Who knows. But I'd rather we lost at Preston without Dunk than him be suspended and lose against Wednesday or Huddersfield

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Preston were excellent in the air, would he have made a difference? Who knows. But I'd rather we lost at Preston without Dunk than him be suspended and lose against Wednesday or Huddersfield

Preston being excellent in the air wasn't a secret.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Well it's done now. I'd rather he only missed one league game than two. If we bounce back and beat Wednesday on Friday I'd still take it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Everyone still in agreement that this was a good idea, then?

Yes, on balance.
If you insinuating that it was a bad idea, it is almost certain that he would have picked up one at a later stage, and then missed TWO league matches. And who knows whether his presence today would have made any difference?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In a strange way it's a good time to have a rest in a quiet ish January,we need to win our next two games

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can someone give a clear full breakdown of how the suspension and number of cards rules work?

I thought that a yellow against Fulham only adds to his tally, and whilst freeing him up for the Massive game, only adds to the chances of yet another suspension at the business end of the season. But there's the clean slate thing which I'm not entirely sure of, so any details of that would be appreciated.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, on balance.
If you insinuating that it was a bad idea, it is almost certain that he would have picked up one at a later stage, and then missed TWO league matches. And who knows whether his presence today would have made any difference?

He missed one league games instead of two. So yes, it was the right decision.

Well it's done now. I'd rather he only missed one league game than two. If we bounce back and beat Wednesday on Friday I'd still take it.

No brainer, good idea, he missed two games, one was a cup game.

We have at least one more cup game. It's not guaranteed he would have missed two league games.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can someone give a clear full breakdown of how the suspension and number of cards rules work?

I thought that a yellow against Fulham only adds to his tally, and whilst freeing him up for the Massive game, only adds to the chances of yet another suspension at the business end of the season. But there's the clean slate thing which I'm not entirely sure of, so any details of that would be appreciated.

For every 5 yellow cards you get a one match suspension. If you have a previous suspension, an extra game gets added on. 5 yellows = 1 match ban, a further five yellows (i.e. 10 yellows in total) = 1 match ban for 5 further yellow cards + 1 match ban because of previous suspension.

If you had 4 or fewer yellow cards on November 30th, they were wiped out and the card count started at zero. If you had five or more, they were remembered.

Dunk had already had a suspension for 5 yellows prior to November 30th, so his cards were remembered. Fulham saw his tenth yellow card, so he got a two match suspension.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We hadn't played the cup game prior to fulham. It wasn't guaranteed there would be another cup game.

But we're asking now, with the knowledge of how things have panned out so far. We know we comfortably beat the team from a division below us, which is hardly a surprise and was probably expected by most.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here