Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How depressingly similar does this sound?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm hoping they'll launch a similar campaign to what we did, I'll certainly support them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still don't understand why they have to totally up-sticks and move the whole club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am guessing cost and land at a premium in London.
Yes of course, but why go for the costly option of a total move and stadium build ?

Surely just take the cheaper option of moving the bits they may lose ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes of course, but why go for the costly option of a total move and stadium build ?

Surely just take the cheaper option of moving the bits they may lose ?

That i don't know,would need to read up on it more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As above, not sure they need to leave at all, they're just trying to have the extra land for themselves rather than the council having it. Or something like that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As above, not sure they need to leave at all, they're just trying to have the extra land for themselves rather than the council having it. Or something like that.

They want to build their Academy training facilities on that land but they can't get the planning permission for it from local authorities because they want the land to build houses on it. Government have set targets for all boroughs in London to meet certain new housing targets in next 5 years so Lewisham have earmarked that land for compulsory purchase. I haven't read all of the literature on it but that's the general gist of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here