Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing V Sutton United 3pm today

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Half price if you show your season ticket. Makes it a fiver for adults. This is a cup game though and sometimes they have different conditions. Set by the FA- not the club. I'll be there later.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Pretty sure the BHAFC season ticket will apply today. I'll be there.

All the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'll be there tucking into my pre-match chilli + cheesy chips- mmmmmmmmmmmmmm delicious.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Exciting 2-2 result earns Worthing a replay. Could have edged the win but pretty fair result.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
Decent atmosphere (1,400ish)
Good game 2-2, plus crossbar hit 3/4 times.

But highlight was either a pulled pork and chip combo for £2.50, or 80-100 kids playing on the 3G after the final whistle.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Saw it mentioned on Twitter that Worthing had a handful of their under 18s playing in this match. How'd they do?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Saw it mentioned on Twitter that Worthing had a handful of their under 18s playing in this match. How'd they do?

Don't know how he did, but one of them was centre-back Matt Boiling who spent a couple of seasons in Albion's academy but was released last season during his U-16 year. He earned a scholarship at Colchester which started in July but within a month had left the U's and joined the U-18s at Worthing. He has played a number of first team games so far this season (and was one of the reasons joint-manager Gary Elphick decided to retire from playing).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don't know how he did, but one of them was centre-back Matt Boiling who spent a couple of seasons in Albion's academy but was released last season during his U-16 year. He earned a scholarship at Colchester which started in July but within a month had left the U's and joined the U-18s at Worthing. He has played a number of first team games so far this season (and was one of the reasons joint-manager Gary Elphick decided to retire from playing).

Thanks for that. It's good to see the academy lads doing well and getting game time. As I went to the Whitehawk vs Dulwich Hamlet match on Saturday I got to see Connor Tighe, from the Brighton U23s, on loan to the Hawks. He looked very lively!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In the replay tonight, it finished 2-2 at full-time after Worthing had recovered from being 2-0 down. Now into extra-time.

Didn't realise Jeffrey Monakana was now at Sutton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here