Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea drop Costa after row - off to China?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Premier League is DOOMED.

Still, might even the playing field if all the 'superstars' go to Asia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The train from London to Beijing will set you back £803.

I'll let someone else kick the ball into the open goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought that was freight only. I'd love to go on a train from London to Beijing - even if it would take nearly as long as a Southern journey to London
The results of a rudimentary google search were something like:-

London Paris £45
Paris Moscow £215
Moscow Beijing £550

I picked a random figure to give the quote a feeling on authenticity, safe in the knowledge I wouldn't get called out on it. :facepalm:

Oh I do remember the final leg was 2nd class 4 berth sharing, so I guess you may well be better off in freight.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
The results of a rudimentary google search were something like:-

London Paris £45
Paris Moscow £215
Moscow Beijing £550

I picked a random figure to give the quote a feeling on authenticity, safe in the knowledge I wouldn't get called out on it. :facepalm:

Oh I do remember the final leg was 2nd class 4 berth sharing, so I guess you may well be better off in freight.

After Moscow they are all slam door trains so it doesn't matter who shuts them. Reliable service then.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Clear out all the mercenaries to China and give English youth a chance. Let's hope this beats the premier league bubble and we get our game back.

It's a goodbye and good riddance from me to all those who put money first.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Clear out all the mercenaries to China and give English youth a chance. Let's hope this beats the premier league bubble and we get our game back.

It's a goodbye and good riddance from me to all those who put money first.

I tend to agree with that sentiment but it would be ironic that we get ourselves to the PL where all the money is and as soon as we get there, a lot of that money then moves away and goes to China because some of the TV money may or may not follow the big name players. Not all of it obviously because some of it will stay where the big name Clubs are.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I tend to agree with that sentiment but it would be ironic that we get ourselves to the PL where all the money is and as soon as we get there, a lot of that money then moves away and goes to China because some of the TV money may or may not follow the big name players. Not all of it obviously because some of it will stay where the big name Clubs are.

Lightning striking twice?

Happened to us before, we got promoted to the championship the year the ITV deal collapsed, iirc it's why Zamora was sold to spurs for half the money Everton offered a year earlier.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here