Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard new contract £95000 per week

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not sure how good some of our fans great judging players going by their track record of describing some as lower league standard, etc, only for them to go on and play in higher leagues than us and succeed (Barnes, Vokes, etc)

Equally, they rave about others who then fail at a higher level (Bridcutt, Buckley, etc)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Money is gonna kill football .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
That's an insane amount of money for a 24-year old!! :eek:

But all that money in the Premiership, that's what happens, and I think a wage cap would be a good idea. But every agent would vote against that I'm sure!

Really didn't think he was that good when he was down here, but we can possibly say we helped in his development. :albion2:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
No wonder they're £450m in debt. I'm sure the whole edifice will come crashing down sometime, but hopefully not before we've enjoyed a few years up there and Bloom has at least got a big chunk of his investment back.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have seen people here cream over the loans of the likes of Lingard, Wilson, Teixeira and I have to say, I haven't seen anything from any of them that stood out from other players in Brighton, let alone the Championship. Three very OK players that are lucky enough to be at big clubs and therefore earn a fortune for being average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here