Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston North End another record to smash.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The first time we went to Deepdale was 1962 and we got beat 3-1 and ever since then we have yet to win in Preston.

Earlier this year we went and won at Sheffield Wednesday for the first time ever with a victory at Hillsborough.

If we are to go up this year a succession of records will need to be broke and this is another.

Come on Albion.....

Lets smash another record.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The first time we went to Deepdale was 1962 and we got beat 3-1 and ever since then we have yet to win in Preston.

Earlier this year we went and won at Sheffield Wednesday for the first time ever with a victory at Hillsborough.

If we are to go up this year a succession of records will need to be broke and this is another.

Come on Albion.....

Lets smash another record.

We went to Deepdale twice before that in 1908 and 1960 in the FA Cup.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I'm now half way through a dry January so 'dryving' to Preston. First game with out a beer for a long time. Not sure I'll be able to cope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I saw us play up at Preston once.

We drew.

It was an average game, like all of the other Preston games.

The Full English that I had in the morning was good though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I enjoyed one of the games I watched at Deepdale. We were two nil down at half time and fought back to 2-2. It was freezing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
3-1 either way I reckon

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I went on a warm, sunnyish day with the plastic pitch. :drink::drink: Looking at the stats that must have been September '88 Div 3 as the only other plastic pitch match we had there was Feb '92 and wouldn't have been warm. I remember the ball bounced a lot and that's all.:drink::drink:

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I don't think we've played Sheffield in 2017, can only remember playing Fulham & Franchise... [emoji848]

Maybe you mean earlier this season, rather than year...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We never seem to get much joy against this mob.

I know winning is really really FASHIONABLE right now, but I'd honestly be very happy with a point tomorrow.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We never seem to get much joy against this mob.

I know winning is really really FASHIONABLE right now, but I'd honestly be very happy with a point tomorrow.
They've won 1 in 7 at home and they have their best player out. We really really should be winning these type of games but hey ho you're probably right !!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't doubt the ability of the lads but and it's a big but, If we win tomorrow then it will be a miracle of epic proportions.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I went on a warm, sunnyish day with the plastic pitch. :drink::drink: Looking at the stats that must have been September '88 Div 3 as the only other plastic pitch match we had there was Feb '92 and wouldn't have been warm. I remember the ball bounced a lot and that's all.:drink::drink:

Was that the game when Chapppers missed a couple of decent chances? It was on plastic?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was that the game when Chapppers missed a couple of decent chances? It was on plastic?

He could well have done. I have a mental block on those distant, in memory, Lancashire and Yorkshire matches. Great days out but can't remember much.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I remember 1979 when we were going for promotion and lost 2-0 on a bitterly cold day , horrible day out

We lost 1-0 that day in the snow and ice, and we were definitely not up for it on that occasion.
It was in early February, and it turned out to be the last time that we lost (in England) that season, before we got promoted to the top tier.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here