Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tristram Hunt Labour MP stands down

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
He's leaving to become head honcho at the V&A Museum. Rat leave sinking ship? Careerist letting his party down? Principled Labour man registering no confidence in Corbyn/direction of the party? I'm not sure how much a by-election costs but I'd be tempted to give him the bill.

Parachuted by Blair into a seat he had no connection with, easy come easy go - good riddance to the elitist snob last seen telling the Oxbridge 1% they had to take charge of everything

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Parachuted into a labour safe seat and eroded support because he has no connections with the local area. As long as Labour put in a local candidate and not some uppity twunt called Tristram they might be able to hold it but certainly not a forgone conclusion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tristram. Son of a baron. Oxbridge. Kids named Margot and Digby. Just what THE FVCK was he doing as MP for Stoke-on-Trent Central?!?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Parachuted by Blair into a seat he had no connection with, easy come easy go - good riddance to the elitist snob last seen telling the Oxbridge 1% they had to take charge of everything

Having lived in Stoke I can hardly imagine a greater contrast - Stoke and the V&A. I don't think there would be any prizes for guessing which of the two he feels more at home with!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
clearly has no future in the Labour movement, so why hang around?

problem for Labour is they need some people like him to give them perspective, just as Conservatives need teachers and nurses to help theirs.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He's leaving to become head honcho at the V&A Museum. Rat leave sinking ship? Careerist letting his party down? Principled Labour man registering no confidence in Corbyn/direction of the party? I'm not sure how much a by-election costs but I'd be tempted to give him the bill.

Man applies for what he believes to be a better job. Man gets offered job. Man resigns from current job to take new job. Happens every single day.

It is a remarkable moment of self-awareness when a Blairite voluntarily puts himself in a museum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If UKIP don't win this,they should punch themselves in the face!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Man applies for what he believes to be a better job. Man gets offered job. Man resigns from current job to take new job. Happens every single day.

Incorrect its called Public Service, that's why they get big pensions, honours etc.. It also costs us tax payers money to hold a bloody election. Nice one Tristam you absolute Hunt

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here