Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Derby

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Mathematically you are quite correct but it's my way of steeling myself for the likely dropped points to come. If we get three points today I shall be surprised. I deeply hope for three points against Massive :lol: as I shall be there for the game.

I know exactly what you mean, we all do it as some sort of defence mechanism! I hope to be at the Massive game too, got a ticket but it's my sons 16th that day. He's not into football. He'll understand though.

:albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
First half vs Forest very even, the goal changed the game.

Leeds should have been destroyed as they were awful, but yes we did dominate.

MK A we dominated last year, the last minute pen, would have been a travesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still close in the end though. Where I think we have been stronger is taking our chances so maybe there were games last year, especially the first half of the season, where we dominated and didn't finish teams off. This year we've maybe been less dominant at times (had less possession and shots) but got the second and third goals to finish teams off. I know which I'd prefer when it comes to watching games.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Ok I'll spell it out. They had the chance to go third against a team who are their closest rivals points wise in the table. You would hope that the supporters would turn out for that.
Seems like you're looking for a (non) argument!

Cool story Smudge

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Still close in the end though. Where I think we have been stronger is taking our chances so maybe there were games last year, especially the first half of the season, where we dominated and didn't finish teams off. This year we've maybe been less dominant at times (had less possession and shots) but got the second and third goals to finish teams off. I know which I'd prefer when it comes to watching games.

[emoji23]sure.

But I'd prefer the complete performance Fulham, Brentford, Leeds, QPR last season with the goals you mention.

All reasonable teams.

It's great that we are having a discussion on the style of winning, rather than if we will win!

Tough one today, would take a point.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
[emoji23]sure.

But I'd prefer the complete performance Fulham, Brentford, Leeds, QPR last season with the goals you mention.

All reasonable teams.

It's great that we are having a discussion on the style of winning, rather than if we will win!

Tough one today, would take a point.

Agreed re today although I keep thinking that and we keep winning!

Think it is being quite greedy too. And QPR and Fulham both had nothing to play for and actually we weren't great in either game until we scored the first goal. Brentford and Leeds were impressive, as was Bristol City away, but there weren't a huge number of games where we got the goals our play deserved. I am much happier when we are clinical.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just shows how important a win from our game in hand v Cardiff is.

Also, we really don't want to lose v Massive.

Today is tricky of course. Hoping for a win, you never know.

:albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So you agree we started to dominate teams albeit in the second half of the season?

Norwich aside, we haven't yet and are still top! [emoji2]

I am talking about the second half, but haven't made it clear.

If you look at my initial post, I think it's good we have several levels to go up.

Not sure that's a true reflection - I think we (well, CH frankly) has employed some superb game management and we've been in total control in some games, without banging in loads of goals like we had to last season (second half) to try to catch up. Leeds, Bristol City, QPR in recent weeks for me were all games where we largely (short spells excepted) nullified the opposition, got ahead and coasted in 2nd/3rd gear because that was enough. Agree we have higher gears - the 10 min spell against Fulham when we needed it, the last 20 mins against Birmingham...................I love the fact that we can seemingly turn it on (and off) when we need to and find a way to win - CH, coaching staff and players are all perfectly attuned at the moment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
'Just when I thought we were out, they pull us back in again'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here