Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Fletcher on loan

charliechalk1973

Jan 12, 2017
Hello all,

I'm not usually one for transfers news but I have a bit of info I thought I'd share. Someone I know who works at West Ham says we have a very strong interest in signing Ashley Fletcher on loan for the rest of the season.

He's featured a fair bit this season, playing 11 league games (mostly from the bench), but they're looking to loan him to a Championship side as they're trying to sign one or two strikers. Apparently no deal in place to make it permanent as they see him as one for the future.

He had a decent loan spell at Barnsley last year and helped them get promoted (scored the opener in the play off final). Also has a bit of PL experience now. Will be interesting to see if he can cut it at this level.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'd feel right at home...

...if we were still at Withdean.

Last edited:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Nice movement and good range of passes if that video reel is anything to go by.
Plus I don't understand this NEED FOR A PROVEN GOAL SCORER?
I thought we just needed backup for SB. Someone with pace that can stretch a defence.
This lad could get the job done..

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wouldn't be a bad shout, only said we had shown an interest, that's probably the case with half a dozen players, we will have many irons in the fire as it were

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Why not, he is breaking into the West Ham squad and could be a deadly finisher in the championship. Happy to have another loan player to make sure we get over the line, and it is widely considered that a fast striker is what we are in most need of

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hello all,

I'm not usually one for transfers news but I have a bit of info I thought I'd share. Someone I know who works at West Ham says we have a very strong interest in signing Ashley Fletcher on loan for the rest of the season.

He's featured a fair bit this season, playing 11 league games (mostly from the bench), but they're looking to loan him to a Championship side as they're trying to sign one or two strikers. Apparently no deal in place to make it permanent as they see him as one for the future.

He had a decent loan spell at Barnsley last year and helped them get promoted (scored the opener in the play off final). Also has a bit of PL experience now. Will be interesting to see if he can cut it at this level.

Thoughts?

I loved Charlie chalk. Charlie chalk, Charlie chalk, a funny way of walking and a funny way of talkin , Charlie chalk!!! La laaaa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here