Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Touts how do they get tickets

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thought I would have a go at getting a ticket for Plymouth v Liverpool, the tix were only available from yesterday to members only and today from 2pm (the place was chocker from 9am)
I gave up and the phone line is permanently engaged, I stand very little chance.
With Liverpool fans getting 2000, that leaves about 15,800.
Argyle could easily sell them themselves but use ticket master as well.
But touts have loads already for £190.
For such a small venue and with the club trying to do the right thing for the fans, how do the touts do this?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thought I would have a go at getting a ticket for Plymouth v Liverpool, the tix were only available from yesterday to members only and today from 2pm (the place was chocker from 9am)
I gave up and the phone line is permanently engaged, I stand very little chance.
With Liverpool fans getting 2000, that leaves about 15,800.
Argyle could easily sell them themselves but use ticket master as well.
But touts have loads already for £190.
For such a small venue and with the club trying to do the right thing for the fans, how do the touts do this?

Not sure how they get them other than queue up at the door and then flog them.

Although there was a story earlier about Robbie Williams management team placing them on a tout website straight away instead of through TicketMaster. It makes sense in a way, if you get the media interest in the high prices you make the commodity seem more valuable and people are more desperate to get a 'bargain' when he releases a new date and it only costs £60

Obviously just giving another example and not by any means suggesting that you are angry you can;t see Robbie Williams and using Plymouth v Liverpool as a cover...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure how they get them other than queue up at the door and then flog them.

Although there was a story earlier about Robbie Williams management team placing them on a tout website straight away instead of through TicketMaster. It makes sense in a way, if you get the media interest in the high prices you make the commodity seem more valuable and people are more desperate to get a 'bargain' when he releases a new date and it only costs £60

Obviously just giving another example and not by any means suggesting that you are angry you can;t see Robbie Williams and using Plymouth v Liverpool as a cover...

Ok, but the tickets were only available to members yesterday and not on general sale until 2pm today, but touts had them for sale a couple of days ago.
Argyle are trying to do the best for their supporters and not even raising the price above a normal Div 2 match.
I know the players get plenty maybe that is one source.
It's not as if it's a 50,000 stadium or a week long concert at 02.
They must have some underhand agreement with the ticket agencies but it's not right for people that want to go but can't afford £190.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Ok, but the tickets were only available to members yesterday and not on general sale until 2pm today, but touts had them for sale a couple of days ago.
Argyle are trying to do the best for their supporters and not even raising the price above a normal Div 2 match.
I know the players get plenty maybe that is one source.
It's not as if it's a 50,000 stadium or a week long concert at 02.
They must have some underhand agreement with the ticket agencies but it's not right for people that want to go but can't afford £190.

Maybe they are opportunists and they are fakes

or they are the tickets that had been given to sponsors. Could also be season ticket holders that know they will get their seat so will sell in advance for a quick buck after Christmas

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here