Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some dos and don'ts help please.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Hi.
Thought I would consult the NSC Sages on a couple of things.

First up, I was toying with the idea of trying to create a bit of noise/atmos from the upper east (I know I will probably be ostracised) and found an old-fashioned wooden rattle on ebay.
Thought I might buy it and paint it blue and white, Then I realised I haven't seen any being used at the Amex and wondered if they might be banned for some obscure reason?

Then I read somewhere that decent cameras (i.e.DSLRs) with Professional standard lenses (which I have being an enthusiast) were not allowed in the ground and never have been, apparently. Which is odd as at both the Albion vs Reading game in August 2012 and the Millwall game at the Amex in December 2012 I have used mine and have the photos to prove it.

Does anybody know the answer to these two posers? Alternatively, does anybody know where I can find a list of what is and what isn't permitted?
TIA

UTA

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Hi.
Thought I would consult the NSC Sages on a couple of things.

First up, I was toying with the idea of trying to create a bit of noise/atmos from the upper east (I know I will probably be ostracised) and found an old-fashioned wooden rattle on ebay.
Thought I might buy it and paint it blue and white, Then I realised I haven't seen any being used at the Amex and wondered if they might be banned for some obscure reason?

Then I read somewhere that decent cameras (i.e.DSLRs) with Professional standard lenses (which I have being an enthusiast) were not allowed in the ground and never have been, apparently. Which is odd as at both the Albion vs Reading game in August 2012 and the Millwall game at the Amex in December 2012 I have used mine and have the photos to prove it.

Does anybody know the answer to these two posers? Alternatively, does anybody know where I can find a list of what is and what isn't permitted?
TIA

UTA

Any photos taken during a game i believe are legally owned by the league - although I may be wrong...

As for the rattle - just feels a bit fake - people just need to sing and get involved, rather than having something like that..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then I read somewhere that decent cameras (i.e.DSLRs) with Professional standard lenses (which I have being an enthusiast) were not allowed in the ground and never have been, apparently.
Not that I know of. It depends what you're taking photos of - if you go with a large telephoto lens to try and capture actions shots of the players, that's probably going to be a problem, but quality photons of everything else (fans, atmosphere etc) should be fine (but you won't need a large telephoto for that).

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Any photos taken during a game i believe are legally owned by the league - although I may be wrong...

As for the rattle - just feels a bit fake - people just need to sing and get involved, rather than having something like that..

Odd.
I can remember, from my childhood, that they were in common usage at the Goldstone in the 50s and 60s. Thought that might make them quite authentic and traditional.
Anybody else have an opinion?

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Not that I know of. It depends what you're taking photos of - if you go with a large telephoto lens to try and capture actions shots of the players, that's probably going to be a problem, but quality photons of everything else (fans, atmosphere etc) should be fine (but you won't need a large telephoto for that).

I have to admit that I was photographing the action. I was originally told that as long as they were not for publication i.e. for my own use, that it was OK?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Wake them up in the ESU. :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have to admit that I was photographing the action. I was originally told that as long as they were not for publication i.e. for my own use, that it was OK?
How close were you, and what size lens (and what crop body)?

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
How close were you, and what size lens (and what crop body)?

Hi
Triggaaaar.
Row b half way line East Upper.
OK Kit list:

• Canon EOS 60D
  • sensor size 22.3 × 14.9 mm (APS-C format)

• Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS II USM Lens

I love talking kit.
The last time I took pics at the Amex I was using a 1000D and a 70-300mm kit lens.
So the results should be a marked improvement the next time around if I can get to use it.
If you follow my twitter feed on the left (eastupperhermit) you will see an example of a crop featuring Vicente himself. :blush:

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Row b half way line East Upper.
At that distance I'd think it's a bit mean of the club to stop you taking action shots - they're not, IMO, going to be rivaling the pitch side shots. Although they may not be thinking of where you're sitting, it is a big lens you take.

OK Kit list:

• Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS II USM Lens
Also, they might not want you wielding that around and getting in the way of others.

If you follow my twitter feed on the left (eastupperhermit) you will see an example of a crop featuring Vicente himself. :blush:
So much for personal use then :)

Just post the pic here.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
At that distance I'd think it's a bit mean of the club to stop you taking action shots - they're not, IMO, going to be rivaling the pitch side shots. Although they may not be thinking of where you're sitting, it is a big lens you take.

Also, they might not want you wielding that around and getting in the way of others.

So much for personal use then :)

Just post the pic here.

The point I was making was that I am not trying to sell the image for profit.
I have used it on my PERSONAL twitter page which is followed predominantly by my friends and relatives.
As you can see from the crop and resultant quality that it is hardly going to drag a frenzy of media to my door waving large cash sums to gain the rights to use it.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Yep a rattle's just what the ESU's been waiting for ! Looking forward to the Sheff Weds game !

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Just be careful with the musical instrument - I know some chap who tried to smuggle in a triangle during the Sami debacle. He only wanted to show the team what 3 points looked like and ended up taking one square in the eyes from a drum beating police box crew diamond geezer. True story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here