Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield away - sold out! (er probably not actually)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
According to the Albion's ticket site we've sold out (1516 tickets sold)!

It seems hard to believe that 1500 people are going to trek up to Huddersfield on a Thursday evening, though I am planning to (and take my daughter who's at uni in Leeds). I would hazard a guess that quite a few folk have bought Loyalty Points for a tenner with no intention of going - I wonder if the Albion will apply for more tickets (I hope so, as currently I don't have a ticket).

It might be somewhat embarrassing to sell, say, 2000 tickets and turn up with 500! This outcome, if it happened, might call into question the wisdom of selling tickets for a tenner in future - not the outcome that many would want...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed.

Hastily-arranged local work permitting, I've also got this one ear-marked. I'd be beyond fuming if I couldn't get a ticket because 1,000 people bought seats with no intention of attending.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Odd very very odd. Has it really sold out? Thursday night with the match on Sky? If indeed it has it can only be what you say, but I suspect it hasn't actually sold out and they are just arsing around with it for some reason.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just had a look and the actual notice says "sold out/N/A". I suspect the N/A applies here and they are doing some admin.

Not the same message as for Brentford which says "Sold out, no further allocation will be available"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Has it really sold out? According to the Albion ticket site - yes.T I suspect it hasn't actually sold out and they are just arsing around with it for some reason.Yep, maybe. Hope so.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just had a look and the actual notice says "sold out/N/A". I suspect the N/A applies here and they are doing some admin.

Not the same message as for Brentford which says "Sold out, no further allocation will be available"

Indeed. However, there's another explanation for "N/A", which is that they've applied for a bigger allocation, or are considering whether they do so, which isn't the case for Brentford, cos the full allocation has genuinely already been sold.

Dunno...we'll see.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed. However, there's another explanation for "N/A", which is that they've applied for a bigger allocation, or are considering whether they do so, which isn't the case for Brentford, cos the full allocation has genuinely already been sold.

Dunno...we'll see.

It's inconceivable that there won't be any more. I need mine for a start.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£10 each, hence the theory people are buying them for the loyalty points with no intention of trekking up to Huddersfield on a Thursday evening.
That seems an alien concept to me. No way would I buy a ticket for a match I wasn't going to, even for loyalty points. Would rather trust fate and que sera sera if I don't have the points at any stage.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
No chance that many people have bought a ticket just for loyalty points.

Agreed. This will run for five pages then the club will sort out their system error or whatever it is and they will be back up for sale.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I would be astounded if we've sold out, even allowing for 'loyalty bought tickets'. The away end is huge, even if part of it is now for their noisy drum banging fans.
My theory is that because it's on tv, and a Thursday night, BHA have only asked for smallish allocation, and can apply for more.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just phoned the ticket office, and AMZINGLY they have actually sold out. Other than 20 tickets that for some reason they can only sell in person over the counter.

They are expecting another allocation though.

So either we suddenly have MASSIVE away support willing to go to Huddersfield on a Thursday night in January OR people are buying them for the loyalty points. Maybe thinking that would help with Brentford even though they wouldn't be added in time?

WEIRD, just WEIRD.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
If anyone has brought a ticket and does not intend to go then can you please sell me your ticket......I would actually like to go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here