Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stan Collymore in classless tweet shocker

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh, I completely with you. A simple apology from that QPR fan would have sufficed and a match ban is, in my opinion, a ridiculous response. The difference here is that QPR fan tweeted it a minute after Knockaert scored and was clearly said in the heat of the moment. Collymore's comments came out of the blue. However we do live in a world where these things are public and I think it's fair that if you describe yourself as the best football broadcaster and you use Twitter for your self-promotion and you make lots of money from it, then the criticism you get when you act like a cock should be equally proportionate.

He's boasting about his bank balance now. Silly man. I cut him slack because he does have genuine mental health issues, and had articulated them well in the past. He should know that if he's not in a good place then he should put the phone away, as once it's posted it's there for ever.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like STANLOI ended up deleting a load of his tweets last night, as they were still on my timeline but marked as 'unavailable'. He can certainly dish it out, but doesn't like it when he gets some stick and (over)reacts accordingly. His mental issues, gargantuan ego and the fact that he firmly believes he is some kind of broadcasting legend leads to a volatile mix. Its carcrash stuff, which is why I still follow him tbh. I'm an avid rubbernecker.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Oh, I completely with you. A simple apology from that QPR fan would have sufficed and a match ban is, in my opinion, a ridiculous response. The difference here is that QPR fan tweeted it a minute after Knockaert scored and was clearly said in the heat of the moment. Collymore's comments came out of the blue. However we do live in a world where these things are public and I think it's fair that if you describe yourself as the best football broadcaster and you use Twitter for your self-promotion and you make lots of money from it, then the criticism you get when you act like a cock should be equally proportionate.

I agree with your points - I became part of the not-so-elite list of Collymore blockees last night having suggested that he may have overstepped the line. He had and does have the opportunity to come out and tell people he'd gone to far and regrets the comments but he hasn't and won't. I've had a lot of time for Stan in the past but he seems to have a selective memory, he forgets that he was applauded off the pitch when he broke his leg at Pride Park, but objects to the fact he gets stick for it now. His struggle with depression is awful and I think he deserves a little more forgiveness because of that but it's not a get out of jail free card, he remains accountable for his actions.

I just can't get outraged by twattish tweets anymore. Collymore is a total nob, but he's probably right that there is a lot of faux outrage from Derby fans. In the end, none of them come out of it looking good, but Collymore now looks like the biggest nob of the lot.

Just pass me the givea****ometer.

I like twattish tweets. They help me identify the real nobs. Or are they knobs?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I wonder if there would be the same outrage if he loudly suggested to Leeds fans that Jimmy Saville was one of their own? After all that could be seen as pretty low, particularly during a televised game...

...oh hang on...

All the while Leeds fans keep on asking me if my boyfriend knows i'm here, or if they insinuate I use my bottom for other activities -

I will keep bringing up their Uncle Jim :thumbsup:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Feels apt for him.

I'm not a particularly prolific tweeter by any means, and tend to steer clear of the binfests. Although after thanking dirty Leeds for the 3 points last season after we'd just tanked them at the Amex, a (female) Leeds fans memorably replied, accusing me of touching children.

Which was nice.

The irony of her comments no doubt completely lost on her I imagine?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not surprised he's done something like this again, he's a massive CJTC.

He blocked me years ago on twitter because I dared to question why some ex footballers get broadcasting jobs when they can't communicate properly. I wasn't actually referring to him at the time though, it was Paul Merson and Ray Parlour. Collymore is a dreadful broadcaster aswell though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I dared to question why some ex footballers get broadcasting jobs when they can't communicate properly. I wasn't actually referring to him at the time though, it was Paul Merson.

Amen to that. He is utterly, utterly abysmal. He can barely string a sentence together, and seems- rather surprisingly, for an ex-footballer- to know very little about football (certainly outside the Premier League top six).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry seems to be the hardest tweet, doesn't it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Collymore is absolutely DESPERATE to be accepted as an intellectual, whereas in reality, he's just an opinionated bellend.

When he knows there's an audience, i.e. on twitter or the radio etc., he literally cannot help himself and usually ends up making a complete fool of himself.

I'm sure he's ok in a one-on-one situation but give him that platform and he loses what shred of credibility he had.

Yup, Joey Barton has the same condition.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here