Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stan Collymore in classless tweet shocker

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
His latest Twitter outburst.

He tweeted something today about a song Derby fans sing about him breaking his leg. A Derby fan answered that if he didn't get so upset about it then Derby fans wouldn't sing that song. His response: at least he didn't murder his own family - a reference to Derby fan Mick Philpott who murdered his 6 children a few years back in an arson attack.

2saypll.jpg

'Kin hell. So many levels of wrongness with that grossly disproportionate "bantz" and rather predictably Derby fans have gone ballistic. He's accused them of faux outrage, that he's not mocked any dead people and that Derby fans are scraping the bottom of the barrel by questioning his mental state. Horrible excuse for a human being.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
His latest Twitter outburst.

He tweeted something today about a song Derby fans sing about him breaking his leg. A Derby fan answered that if he didn't get so upset about it then Derby fans wouldn't sing that song. His response: at least he didn't murder his own family - a reference to Derby fan Mick Philpott who murdered his 6 children a few years back in an arson attack.

2saypll.jpg

'Kin hell. So many levels of wrongness with that grossly disproportionate "bantz" and rather predictably Derby fans have gone ballistic. He's accused them of faux outrage, that he's not mocked any dead people and that Derby fans are scraping the bottom of the barrel by questioning his mental state. Horrible excuse for a human being.

Ohhh bollocks..

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Collymore is before my time, so I have no idea what he was like as a player, but nothing about his comment there is 'okay'.

There isn't much else to say other than it's absolutely horrid. This isn't the sort of thing (lightheartedly mentioning murdered kids as a retaliation) you can say on Twitter and call banter.

It seems ridiculous that people still don't understand that what on post on Twitter can have severe consequences. Make as many sick jokes as you like between friends (most of us do to certain degrees) but do it on social media where people can see, and people will tell you exactly what they think of you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just trying to think how that could be mis-interpreted...?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a plauge on all their houses. people biat someone, get a reaction, reaction beyond the pale, enrages others, they react ott.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I actually met him at the Euros in Ukraine and fair play he was out exploring the city's, doing the tourist thing by himself and getting amongst it. We had a quick beer with him and he seemed nice chap to talk to.

But on Twitter he is an absolute tit, I was blocked years ago when I questioned his 'theory' that Man Utd deliberately put that fake bomb in Old Trafford against Bournemouth to disrupt Man City. Wasn't offensive just said it was a nuts conspiracy theory, then blocked. Based on his other reactions to stuff, some of the shit he spouts he clearly has mental issues sadly.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If it was the other way round, Collymore would be the 1st to condemn it, get outraged and DEMAND that the perpetrator took the tweet down. I'm surprised anyone can still follow him on Twitter. I thought everone was blocked by now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just can't get outraged by twattish tweets anymore. Collymore is a total nob, but he's probably right that there is a lot of faux outrage from Derby fans. In the end, none of them come out of it looking good, but Collymore now looks like the biggest nob of the lot.

Just pass me the givea****ometer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another example of why twitter should not have been invented. Just a vehicle for constant arguments that never previously took place. Shut the whole stupid thing down, or go down the pub and call someone a **** and get knocked out. Old skool fashion. Essentially the same thing only the REAL pain stops the argument there and then usually. I.e. The END!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A few people rushing to say that they don't care. A strange one because I don't tend to reply to the threads I don't give a f*ck about.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I wonder if there would be the same outrage if he loudly suggested to Leeds fans that Jimmy Saville was one of their own? After all that could be seen as pretty low, particularly during a televised game...

...oh hang on...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another example of why twitter should not have been invented. Just a vehicle for constant arguments that never previously took place. Shut the whole stupid thing down, or go down the pub and call someone a **** and get knocked out. Old skool fashion. Essentially the same thing only the REAL pain stops the argument there and then usually. I.e. The END!

It really isn't. Thats like saying shut NSC down after another binfest about Baldock.

There's a lot of interesting debate on Twitter, up-to-the-second news, a chance to interact with other fans and journalists, and loads of videos of people having accidents. Anyone who follows STANLOI knows by his very nature he's going to have one of his regular meltdowns at some point and start gobbing off, because the bloke is a weapons grade COCKWOMBLE and just cannot help himself. There's an easy way around it though - unfollow. Just try to follow people who are interesting, amusing, articulate, funny, or ideally a combination of all of those. Twitter is what you make of it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I actually met him at the Euros in Ukraine and fair play he was out exploring the city's, doing the tourist thing by himself and getting amongst it. We had a quick beer with him and he seemed nice chap to talk to.
But on Twitter he is an absolute tit, I was blocked years ago when I questioned his 'theory' that Man Utd deliberately put that fake bomb in Old Trafford against Bournemouth to disrupt Man City. Wasn't offensive just said it was a nuts conspiracy theory, then blocked. Based on his other reactions to stuff, some of the shit he spouts he clearly has mental issues sadly.

I would agree with that. I had a similar experience. I met him once at a private party he was at and I remember really enjoying his company and thought what a really nice friendly lad. That was the mid to late 90s and I have never ever met him since.

Then everything I see and read about him on TV and I the newspapers turns every conception I have of him on it's head, although a lot of that could be that the Press only usually pick up on negative stories which is a sad fact of the world we live in. After all there are very few news stories showing little old ladies being shepherded across the road on daily basis. - I really don't know who the ''True Stan Collymore'' is

People in the public eye shouldn't use social media to discuss general issues because every post no matter how well meaning is going to have an opponent who disagrees with it and if your opponent has bigger boxing gloves that you do then you are going to take a beating.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It really isn't. Thats like saying shut NSC down after another binfest about Baldock.

There's a lot of interesting debate on Twitter, up-to-the-second news, a chance to interact with other fans and journalists, and loads of videos of people having accidents. Anyone who follows STANLOI knows by his very nature he's going to have one of his regular meltdowns at some point and start gobbing off, because the bloke is a weapons grade COCKWOMBLE and just cannot help himself. There's an easy way around it though - unfollow. Just try to follow people who are interesting, amusing, articulate, funny, or ideally a combination of all of those. Twitter is what you make of it.
not sure you can honestly attribute quality debate to a product that restricts you to 100+ characters. It is what you make it, agreed, but unlike the web, don't most just make a mess of it? At least websites like NSC have rules and moderators usually. Twitter seems to quickly cross the line into legal action. Bit like guns. There's a sizeable bunch of idiots out there so best restrict use heavily! Anyway, it's here to stay and I'm not missing out on anything I'm sure of that. Except arguing with former footballers it seems ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I would agree with that. I had a similar experience. I met him once at a private party he was at and I remember really enjoying his company and thought what a really nice friendly lad. That was the mid to late 90s and I have never ever met him since.

Then everything I see and read about him on TV and I the newspapers turns every conception I have of him on it's head, although a lot of that could be that the Press only usually pick up on negative stories which is a sad fact of the world we live in. After all there are very few news stories showing little old ladies being shepherded across the road on daily basis. - I really don't know who the ''True Stan Collymore'' is

People in the public eye shouldn't use social media to discuss general issues because every post no matter how well meaning is going to have an opponent who disagrees with it and if your opponent has bigger boxing gloves that you do then you are going to take a beating.
fairly sure people in public eye use it to stay in the public eye as is today's culture - if not seen, recorded and communicated...it didn't happen!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here