Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friends for life made at The Goldstone

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Sadly, I'm going to a friends funeral next week who I first met when we were teenagers in The NorthStand in the 1980s. I was just wondering if there are any older ladies or gents on NSC that still go to matches with friends they met at The Goldstone or people they see at The Amex that they remember from the 1950s/1960s. Any nice stories out there?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still go with my father and brother as I did at the Goldstone but my main core of friends in the UK are people I met when we moved to Gillingham. The Kent move removed a lot of people from their routines, me included, and this exposed us to new supporters. My best man and usher were from this group and the larger group we've all still meet up, go to games, and go on holidays/travel together. Thankfully no one is dead yet.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not so much of the older generation, but now married to the young lady who I sometimes travelled with on the train to the Goldstone :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My AMEX neighbours are two gents in their 60s, who met at school and have gone to see the Albion together since then. Power to them.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My AMEX neighbours are two gents in their 60s, who met at school and have gone to see the Albion together since then. Power to them.

I too keep in touch with mates with whom I travelled around the country watching the Albion in the late 1960s and beyond. A massive part of our lives.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here