Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Wilson and Chesterfield.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Parted company on Saturday i do believe,sure that he will turn up somewhere in the not to distant future ?:facepalm:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I was really surprised to read this. Only on Saturday I'd heard him say of chesterfield 'everything is wonderful, being here is heavenly'

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Great Albion player of the past.
First Albion player I can remember who virtually withdrew his labour to force a move. Dialled his effort level back to a stroll compared to his previous high energy game. Never forgiven or forgotten.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Out of interest does anyone know who holds the record for getting the sack as a manager on the most occasions?

Steve Cotterill must be in the top three(Football League). Mickey Adams in the top 10. He worked wonders for us during his first Withdean tenure mind.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Wilson very nearly became our manager in early 2000s. I think it was when Peter Taylor had left and Wilson was at Bristol City.

Wilson's reps had indicated that Danny was keen on the role but that he wouldn't resign from city and that the club needed to approach city and request permission to speak to him.

When the club approached city, Wilson's reps made it public and permission was refused. Wilson then made a public statement saying he was happy at City and wouldn't want to leave to manage Brighton.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I used to quite like Danny Wilson as a manager. With the right ownership I think he'd be okay. Possibly too nice, but he would certainly be on the same level as Tony Bloom.....

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
"He had a great affinity for the club and he's an absolutely top drawer manager" from the club secretary, yet given the heave-ho. Seriously, what are expectations at a club like Chesterfield? Never going to be pushing for promotion to the Championship, are they!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here