Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fitness Trackers

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I just got the Vivoactive HR (was on offer pre-Christmas), which does far more than I will ever use. The GPS is very quick to latch on to satellites, HR monitor is accurate on the wrist or via my chest strap from my old Garmin 305. Links to the Bontrager DuoTrap S fitted to my Trek Hybrid via ANT+ for cycling. Battery life is long and it charges very quickly. Sleep monitor is a bit pants (as noted on the Garmin forums), but a software update should address that.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I've got a Garmin Forerunner 735XT- its a pricey bit of kit but I get fitness stuff free through work. Really liking it so far-decent battery life, can track running, cycling and swimming as well as heart rate, sleep etc

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As an oldie I bought a cheap version of the Fitbit on E Bay same as sold in Currys etc but I dont really get any benefit out of it as perhaps I am not using it correctly. If that is the case what should I be doing and what information should it be giving me?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi chaps, a seasonal :bounce: for this.

I'm thinking 13 year old Jnr might like a FitBit for Christmas.
He started running for a bit at the back end of Summer, naturally he cycles but has a Garmin on his bike, not to mention if he could he'd play football every waking hour.

Accuracy to him wouldn't be as important as all the 'bells and whistles' features, not to mention the brand name.
Naturally price is very important to me, so below £100 is an absolute must.

I've started looking, but as is customary in such a popular market, I'm struggling to see the wood from the trees.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got the fitbit charge 2 and I have found it to be a very good motivational tool. As others have said the accuracy may or may not 100% but you have a constant measuring stick and an easy way to monitor progress. It helps get me moving at least.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've got the FitBit Flex 2, works really well and you can use it in water etc, does the job.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've got the FitBit Flex 2, works really well and you can use it in water etc, does the job.
Another Flex 2 user - been really impressed with it, although the app is a bit flaky at times; a recent update has made it problematic to sync to the phone. Hopefully they will sort it...

As a device it is great. Doesn't do heart rate but good for general tracking, and easy to change the straps to any compatible ones. The tracker itself is a small removable unit. I believe you can even wear it in a necklace doo-dah. Not that this would interest me, but perhaps some females would appreciate this to keep tracking things without having to wear it on the wrist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any Fitbit Alta Fitness Wrist Band users out there.

At £64 it seems to be the right price point for me smack, bang in the middle of Flex and Charge 2's.

Will it keep an active lad happy?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Any Fitbit Alta Fitness Wrist Band users out there.

At £64 it seems to be the right price point for me smack, bang in the middle of Flex and Charge 2's.

Will it keep an active lad happy?

I'd be mindful of water / wet, with kids they tend not to think about fitbit whilst out and about and could get too wet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Garmin Vivofit 3 is in the same price bracket as the Alta.

Does anyone have one, or is this market really all about FitBits?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looking for a fitness watch (not just a band), that is has water resistance for swimming and GPS. Anyone got a clue, seems to be a minefield of products

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here