Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Vase

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Controversy in the Vase at the weekend. Favourites South Shields played 2nd favourites and current holders Morpeth Town at South Shields.

South Shields had a man sent off just before half time with the game at 1-1. They took the lead in the second half but Morpeth came back to lead 2-4. Shortly after the 4th went in in the 82nd minute the flood lights failed. The ref gave it until 17:30 before abandoning the game.

Common sense to me suggests South Shields playing with a man less and two goals behind wouldn't be able to get back into the game in the 8 minutes remaining. The FA felt differently and have ordered the game to be replayed.

You've got to feel sorry for Morpeth.

In other news Crowborough SMASHED Eastbourne Town 6-0 and now keep the Sussex flag flying against Coleshill (Birmingham) in the last 16.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Very unfair. They should reconvene and just play the last 8 minutes plus stoppage time.

This. Surely if it's played a certain amount of time (ie 45 minutes) then you should only need to complete, not restart, a game. 3-0 in the 89th minute of a big game? Get the ground staff to 'conveniently' break the floodlights.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whitehawk are playing Dulwich Hamlet at home this weekend in the FA Trophy.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I thought (naively) that if a game goes beyond a certain stage then in abandoned then the result stands.

75mins springs to mind. As I believe that was the latest the York pitch invasion could have happened if the purpose was to make a big point by causing a replay/hold up the league season

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
I thought (naively) that if a game goes beyond a certain stage then in abandoned then the result stands.

75mins springs to mind. As I believe that was the latest the York pitch invasion could have happened if the purpose was to make a big point by causing a replay/hold up the league season

This was my understanding also

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
[yt]zKCzzylIyxg[/yt]

Fast forward to the 21st minute. Didn't realise it was quite that close to the 4th goal going in. Cracking finish from the lad as well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Whitehawk are playing Dulwich Hamlet at home this weekend in the FA Trophy.

image.jpg

Hipster love-in :whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I always thought the same but thought it was about 67 mins so into the last 1/4 of the game. This is a dangerous precendent for an unscrupulous owner to have the lights sabotaged. Perhaps we should have done the same when Mike Dean sent off Dale Stephens

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I believe that in club rugby the rule applies that if 75% of the game has been completed and there is a problem the result stands. Happened in the European Cup before christmas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here