Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever been homeless?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
cos I am. Flew to move to CapeTown had cashcard swallowed arrived at my new house and the landlord had changed his mind! I stayed there 2 days he got the heavies round then moved air bnb clients in instead. Wanker. Slept last night on a sofa in a hostel kitchen. Onwards and upwards!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
cos I am. Flew to move to CapeTown had cashcard swallowed arrived at my new house and the landlord had changed his mind! I stayed there 2 days he got the heavies round then moved air bnb clients in instead. Wanker. Slept last night on a sofa in a hostel kitchen. Onwards and upwards!

a few friends have been in the past, but they also were jobless and didn't have bank accounts so possibly not the same as you

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

The British Embassy is your friend.

I had similar in Zambia twenty-odd years ago, hitchhiking around, got to Lusaka and realised I had basically run out of cash, no world-wide ATM's in them days, was put up at a missionaries for the weekend and Monday morning went into the embassy which gave me a load of cash on the back of my mum sending the foreign office the same (poor Mum getting a phone call from the British embassy in Zambia)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I slept rough in Africa, albeit in the departures of O.R. Tambo airport. I missed my connecting Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi and was 'ordered' ground-side, meaning I had a transit visa and an entrance visa to South Africa in my passport on the same day.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
a few friends have been in the past, but they also were jobless and didn't have bank accounts so possibly not the same as you

sorry I think I just thumbs down you was meant to be up cos I agree. I almost got a taste of what it would be like to sleep rough in SA with a laptop and my luggage as I pretty much lost access to any money luckily a coupla friends from Durban helped out. It was a mare and airport security took my meds off me which made things worse. looks like I'm living in a hostel for a shortwhile but you are right it could be worse

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The British Embassy is your friend.

I had similar in Zambia twenty-odd years ago, hitchhiking around, got to Lusaka and realised I had basically run out of cash, no world-wide ATM's in them days, was put up at a missionaries for the weekend and Monday morning went into the embassy which gave me a load of cash on the back of my mum sending the foreign office the same (poor Mum getting a phone call from the British embassy in Zambia)

well theres an instant cash thing here dont know if you get it in the UK but someone can send money to a cashpoint and you enter a code saved my bacon

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep slept in the car for almost a year was still working, I actually quite liked it no bills to pay 100% wages were mine, kind of miss it in a strange way.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
sorry I think I just thumbs down you was meant to be up cos I agree. I almost got a taste of what it would be like to sleep rough in SA with a laptop and my luggage as I pretty much lost access to any money luckily a coupla friends from Durban helped out. It was a mare and airport security took my meds off me which made things worse. looks like I'm living in a hostel for a shortwhile but you are right it could be worse

sorry didn't mean to belittle your situation + thanks for thumbs up. It's pretty bad over here for rough sleepers, I'd just walked past one before I saw your email. Good Luck!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Need anything buddy?

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
If a thread ever proved how middle class this forum is(as if it needed proving), it's this one.

Sorry, i don't find jetting round the world, & then 'cominng unstuck' deserving of sympathy - In a doorway in Western Road, with only a scruffy dog for company, then maybe....

Shame on you :tosser:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
If a thread ever proved how middle class this forum is(as if it needed proving), it's this one.

Sorry, i don't find jetting round the world, & then 'cominng unstuck' deserving of sympathy - In a doorway in Western Road, with only a scruffy dog for company, then maybe....

I think of myself as upper-middle, personally.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Homeless ??? One night on a sofa in a Hostel Kitchen........You gotta be kidding !!!!!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Shame on you you have no idea **** I'v been ripped off by my a rogue landlord lost my wife and kids through alocholism 2 rehabs and tried to make a fresh start whilst my meds were taken off med at at the airport and my cash card taken at then airport dont judge mofo

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

What a **** post you ****

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Perhaps you really should try in Pyongyang...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
What a **** post you ****

Just ignore that one mate, obviously a ****. No matter what the issue, there is always someone 'more deserving' of sympathy somewhere out there. I suppose the fairest approach would be to catalogue everyone's problems and then help everyone out from the most deserving upwards, until everybody that wants help is sorted.

Within reason I don't think anyone should feel ashamed or awkward if they are in trouble relative to their experience / lifestyle, just because there is someone else out there.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Just ignore that one mate, obviously a ****. No matter what the issue, there is always someone 'more deserving' of sympathy somewhere out there. I suppose the fairest approach would be to catalogue everyone's problems and then help everyone out from the most deserving upwards, until everybody that wants help is sorted.

Within reason I don't think anyone should feel ashamed or awkward if they are in trouble relative to their experience / lifestyle, just because there is someone else out there.

Agree totally having had benefit of latter posts ....However after his first post it did sound as if his first "Homeless" experience was one night on Hostel Sofa.

Wishing you well Maffew.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here