Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee The Complete And Utter Shyster one of Premier League's best - Mark Halsey

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
_93315568_mikedean_getty.jpg

The Complete And Utter Shyster remains one of the Premier League's best referees despite an "indifferent" festive period, says former official Mark Halsey.

The Complete And Utter Shyster has received criticism for some of his recent performances and the number of red cards he has shown - five in 15 matches this season.

Ex-Premier League referee Halsey thinks Mike Dean can come across as "arrogant".

He also believes only a handful of referees are "trusted" for the league's most important games.

The Complete And Utter Shyster, who has been a Premier League referee for 16 years, controversially sent off West Ham's Sofiane Feghouli during the Hammers' defeat by Manchester United on 2 January, a decision that was later rescinded by the Football Association.

That dismissal was the official's 25th since the start of the 2013-14 season - the highest number by any current Premier League referee in that period.

"If you look back over the December period, he has had an indifferent period," Halsey, 55, told BBC Radio 5 live.

"I have disagreed with some of his decision-making, especially the sendings off.

"It is not an easy job to do. He is one of the most experienced and is a very good referee - one of the best of the bunch we have got.

"He does come across as a little bit arrogant. I would like to see that taken out of his game and perhaps he would get a lot more respect from the paying public and the media.

"But that is not the way he is off the pitch - if truth be told, the players like him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38549470

Edit: It still works!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"He does come across as a little bit arrogant. I would like to see that taken out of his game and perhaps he would get a lot more respect from the paying public and the media.
Arrogance isn't the best quality for a ref, but I can't say I'm too bothered, I just want them to get the decisions right. And that's why I have no respect for Mike Dean.

"But that is not the way he is off the pitch - if truth be told, the players like him."
Interesting. The fans seem to think he's as shit as it gets.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's interesting that Harlsey says that players like him. I had heard that at Boro last season he was very matey with the Boro players before the game and ignored ours. Perhaps ours weren't high profile enough for him?

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
It's interesting that Harlsey says that players like him. I had heard that at Boro last season he was very matey with the Boro players before the game and ignored ours. Perhaps ours weren't high profile enough for him?

I also heard this, direct from Rosenior

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
HOUND HIM OUT OF FOOTBALL

For the good of the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills