Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Sarstedt RIP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of my favourite one hit wonder acts, Eden Kane's brother too I believe :down: RIP

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
One of my favourite one hit wonder acts, Eden Kane's brother too I believe :down: RIP

One of my favourite trivia questions - the only three brothers each to have had solo no 1 hits in their own right: Peter Sarstedt, Robin Sarstedt and Eden Kane.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One of my favourite trivia questions - the only three brothers each to have had solo no 1 hits in their own right: Peter Sarstedt, Robin Sarstedt and Eden Kane.

[pedant alert] Robin didn't have a no 1 hit, My Resistance is Low only reached no 3. They're a set of brothers who had solo Top 10 hits in their own right though

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
[pedant alert] Robin didn't have a no 1 hit, My Resistance is Low only reached no 3. They're a set of brothers who had solo Top 10 hits in their own right though

According to my book of British Hit Singles, Robin Sarstedt reached .......... no 3.

Bu66er! I hate pedants, except when I am being one myself, which is quite frequent.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although I always loved the song when I was a kid I more recently discovered the version by Tim Rose, an excerpt of which you can hear here on this link (can't find on Youtube). I think I now like this version even more. Sounds much more decadent which really suits the lyrics of the song.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Do-You-Go-Lovely/dp/B002RC68CS

Thanks for that, it does sound very different and more fitting for the lyrics, as you say.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Didn't think he was a one hit wonder what with the 'one more glass of frozen orange juice' track

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Robin didn't get above no. 3 in the charts. Still pretty good going for one family though. [Edit: somebody got there before me - apologies!]

Anyway, RIP Peter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although I always loved the song when I was a kid I more recently discovered the version by Tim Rose, an excerpt of which you can hear here on this link (can't find on Youtube). I think I now like this version even more. Sounds much more decadent which really suits the lyrics of the song.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Do-You-Go-Lovely/dp/B002RC68CS
Never knew Tim Rose had recorded that - sounds an interestingly different interpretation - thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here