Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Pier Tea Rooms / i360

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
My Mum turns 80 next Saturday.
Am looking at shouting her a ride + guest on the i360, followed by high tea & champers at the adjacent West Pier Tea Rooms.
Plenty of reviews on the i360 but what about the Tea Rooms ?
Anyone been ? Is it any good, as the attached Belle Vue restaurant sounds appalling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Grand is a very short distance away and their afternoon tea is wonderful, very grand, very old school and in a lovely building and environment. I'd suggest this and feel it will perefect for your mother.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
The Grand is a very short distance away and their afternoon tea is wonderful, very grand, very old school and in a lovely building and environment. I'd suggest this and feel it will perefect for your mother.

Appreciate your response.
She's done The Grand and several of the London establishments before - bit of a High Tea junkie !
She was walking the dogs past the West Pier just the other day with my sister and commented on how nice it looked but there doesn't seem to be many reviews around.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Appreciate your response.
She's done The Grand and several of the London establishments before - bit of a High Tea junkie !
She was walking the dogs past the West Pier just the other day with my sister and commented on how nice it looked but there doesn't seem to be many reviews around.

She's an expensive date! Okay, good luck with finding out about the i360; I'm sure someone on here can help.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I've been on it. Nice trip. Can't comment on cafe. It can't be bad, but it's small so space may be an issue. An alternative could be the band stand cafe

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The cafe to the left of the i, rebuilt box office is very nice and makes really good coffee, also there are nice cakes and sandwiches.

If it isn't not to bad weather, sit outside on the " balcony"

Great views of the pier and the good folks of hove walking along.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We visited the tea rooms a couple times in the summer , very disappointed ,
There was no sandwiches for sale or anything savoury to be had , the choice of cakes and biscuits was very limited as well .
Plus lots of dirty cups and saucers waiting to be cleared of the tables

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here