Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigerian defender who played once

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can anyone remember his name and the game he played in and scored . I think it was Barnet in the late 1990s. Played one game for us, scored the winner and never played again

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can anyone remember his name and the game he played in and scored . I think it was Barnet in the late 1990s. Played one game for us, scored the winner and never played again

Didn't he win the lottery? Or something. :shrug:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

Won 1-0 v Barnet and pissed down all game. Emeka ifejagwa but prob not spelt correctly

Oct 25, 2003
Was that the time when we were sponsored by Skint and Barnet were sponsored by Loaded?

pretty sure it was when we were at gillingham so I reckon our sponsors would have been DONATELLO. Skint became our sponsors at Withdean but we would have played Barnet at least a couple of times there as I think they may have got relegated from the football league the season we were promoted (or possibly after). I remember Darren Currie playing for them against us- I think it was him that was pretty much knocked out by a thunderbolt Lorenzo Pinamonte free kick that was smashed straight at the wall. We also played them when Tony Cottey was their player-manager in the season that he played in all 4 divisions in the same season

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Didn't he win the lottery? Or something. :shrug:

I believe there were qualification problems. I understand that Brian Horton was, to say the least, slightly miffed when the immigration authorities contacted him.

Oh how it rained that day at Barnet. With some of us in the open stand and some in the covered, some wag started a call and return of 'we're the wet side', 'we're the dry side' that seemed to go on for ages.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
IMG_0158.JPG

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I believe there were qualification problems. I understand that Brian Horton was, to say the least, slightly miffed when the immigration authorities contacted him.

Oh how it rained that day at Barnet. With some of us in the open stand and some in the covered, some wag started a call and return of 'we're the wet side', 'we're the dry side' that seemed to go on for ages.

Cant remember the last time I got so wet

Stumpy Tim

I was firmly in the wet side that day. Strangely enjoyable being in the bottom division, sanding on a packed terrace, getting soaked, but winning. Proper football that was

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He actually played two games for us (he also played in the 3-2 home victory over Hartlepool the following week). However, as [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] says, he had immigration issues. He had joined Charlton in March 1998 on a six-month visa and had been playing regularly in their reserves before joining us on loan. His visa expired after the Hartlepool match and while Albion were winning at Darlington a week later, Emeka was actually having an interview with immigration officials. His work permit was denied as he had not played enough international matches for Nigeria. At the time it was reported that an appeal could take as long as 18 months. Presumably he returned to Nigeria.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember being stopped going in as the police wondered what I was carrying. It was a roll of bin liners to wear on the terrace. I was asked why I was carrying them. I explained my reason and was then informed I couldn't take them in. I asked why, and after a pause was informed I might throw them on the pitch. I pointed out I could throw my shoes on the pitch if I wanted, should I hand these over as well? Discussion became really daft but then a senior officer, who had wandered over suggested, if I give them my details, so they could track any errant bags, I could take them in. I then told them to keep the bags. And the Met wonder why they get such bad press.

I was soaked but remember ending up in a pub with a roaring fire drying out my socks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was firmly in the wet side that day. Strangely enjoyable being in the bottom division, sanding on a packed terrace, getting soaked, but winning. Proper football that was

Also a little piece of Albion history, as it was the second in a record-breaking sequence of 5 successive away league victories.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here