Arundel

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
" We Wunt be Buyin it "

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Nice ad but Harvey's is ****ing disgusting, plus every time I wanted to go to tesco in Lewes I had to walk past the brewery and a thick smog of the ****ing shite. :sick:.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Nice ad but Harvey's is ****ing disgusting, plus every time I wanted to go to tesco in Lewes I had to walk past the brewery and a thick smog of the ****ing shite. :sick:.

I feel the opposite! I love the smell of the brewery wafting over the town. Whenever I smell it I know I'm home.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

Is it? Strange why I ****ing love it and don't feel the need to post about stuff I don't like.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I feel the opposite! I love the smell of the brewery wafting over the town. Whenever I smell it I know I'm home.

Agreed. For me it's a smell of childhood. Used to walk into town from South Malling as a kid, normally laden with pocket money and on a mission to acquire Star Wars figures. Loved the thick smell of the brewery you got when you walked the narrow passageway leading into the Cliffe.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Harvey,s" if we want just the one should we order a pint of Harvey or Harvey`s and two or more is Harveys or Harveys`s???

No, because the apostrophe- assuming this is an official change as documented above- denotes possession in this case: that the ale is that belonging to (Mr) Harvey. Therefore, whether you order one pint of Harvey's ale, or two pints of Harvey's ale, it makes no odds.

If there were lots of Harveys in the family, and they ALL produced the ale, or they decided to refer to it as the company in its entirety once more, they might then call it Harveys'...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Thanks for that meaningless post.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I had a pint of their 'Gold' (?) the other week. That's an aquired taste.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here