Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sign of how far we have come as a club...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To brush aside a league 1 team with a lot of reserves/young players without getting out of first gear. Impressive stuff!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To brush aside a league 1 team with a lot of reserves/young players without getting out of first gear. Impressive stuff!

That's not quite how I'd describe a side containing full internationals, under 21 internationals and players with top flight experience.

That's a sign of how far we have come as a club, and has nothing to do with the opposition.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That's not quite how I'd describe a side containing full internationals, under 21 internationals and players with top flight experience.

That's a sign of how far we have come as a club, and has nothing to do with the opposition.
Kemy Agustien is an 'international'. That really doesn't mean anything.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's also worth noting that we're not all hoping on drawing a 'name'' team away, with the boosted revenue that comes from the split gate from such the game, to bail out the transfer £ kitty.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's also worth noting that we're not all hoping on drawing a 'name'' team away, with the boosted revenue that comes from the split gate from such the game, to bail out the transfer £ kitty.
Our focus has definitely shifted a little in recent years.

We had options on the bench if required. Thankfully they were not.

Delighted are into the 4th round but really can't decide what to wish for in the draw.

Biggest plus for me today was Kayal. And really pleased for Hemed with his goal as we didnt want that earlier miss proving costly and bugging his brain in coming games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our reserve front six

Murphy
Kayal
Sidwell
March

Towell
Hemed

Would absolutely VIOLATE League One.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Goldson and Hunemier (sp) would walk into most Championship back 4s. Our defensive options are ridiculously strong with Rosenior on the way back as well.

Last year our issue was that the team was good but the squad not so much. In the main that is now fixed.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
The ones that moan would probably not know where the Withdean or the Priestfield stadium are located.
We are in the hat for the 4th round, we did what we had to do.
Job done.

Some soppy twats sitting near me who thought it was funny to shout 'flannel' at Towell.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Was that a deliberate tactic to push Rohan onto the pitch and effectively 'cup tie' him knowing (or believing) that he will be going out on loan within the next few weeks?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here