Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd steal our scout....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Manchester United have poached highly-rated scout Mark Anderson from Brighton.

Anderson will be tasked with scouring the south of England to unearth new talents for the Red Devils.

Former Liverpool scout Anderson is credited with spotting 15-year-old Raheem Sterling for the Meryseysiders from QPR.

Sterling went on to move to Manchester City for £49million and is now flourishing under Pep Guardiola at the Etihad.

"The Manchester United offer doesn't come along every day," Anderson told The Mail. "I feel that it is the next part of my development and I feel that I can make a big impact in the London area.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very highly rated youth scout. Big loss for us.

We seem to be losing a few coaches / scouts etc around the club recently

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Very highly rated youth scout. Big loss for us.

We seem to be losing a few coaches / scouts etc around the club recently

Unfortunately that is what happens when you are an up and coming club with a good set up, the big boys with their tv money come along and systematically dis-mantel all your hard work.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
How much do scouts get paid?

Is it a full time job, or do people just do it in their spare time for a few extra quid and getting to watch football for free?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
You may also get a supply of brown evelopes if your 'arrys scout!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How much do scouts get paid?

Is it a full time job, or do people just do it in their spare time for a few extra quid and getting to watch football for free?

The book ~The Nowhere Men ~ is well worth a read. We get quite a bit of a mention in it too.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I love the way when something or someone is moved away from the Albion it's classed as "stolen". Going back to Gareth Barry and earlier. People have the right to choose their own futures.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I love the way when something or someone is moved away from the Albion it's classed as "stolen". Going back to Gareth Barry and earlier. People have the right to choose their own futures.

Bore off and go watch a light show with some ultras!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

They used the word poached. I appreciate you see poaching as a career, but you might want to look up the meaning. Cock.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Absolutely, Zaha playing for IC is a great example too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder- genuine question- if he really "discovered" Sterling, or whether it was more that he just happened to be the one to persuade him to join Liverpool? I mean, Sterling's progress as a youngster was hardly a secret: when he was at QPR, loads of clubs wanted him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here