Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays bench

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It will,also keep an eye (beyond today)out for any new signings,we are having a mini clear out.....in readiness :lol:

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
The team will make interesting reading today. Probably more regular starters on the bench than in the starting line-up

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks like a fairly 'normal' u23 team in Newcastle today.

ALBION (probable squad): Sanchez (GK), Bentley (GK), White, Cadman, Dallison, Hall, Barclay, Davies, Cox, Molumby, Sanders, Bjordal, Ward, Tighe, Tilley.

So bench will likely be first team too.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Capture.PNG :p

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

ALBION (probable squad): Sanchez (GK), Bentley (GK), White, Cadman, Dallison, Hall, Barclay, Davies, Cox, Molumby, Sanders, Bjordal, Ward, Tighe, Tilley.

By 'normal' you mean a squad with no out & out strikers? It seems we only have three permanent strikers at the club and one on loan. Hambo is always injured too. Lots of work still to do in the window.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Would have liked to see Bjordal on the first team bench today but playing for U23's

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I should imagine first team players who can be risked for a 25 minutes run around but could change the game. We still want to win the game.

Agreed, some posters on here seem to view tioday's game as little more than a training exercise. WelI I for one still very much want to win, and I'm sure the club aim to win every match that that they play too, irrespective of the competition.

I believe that a winning mentality is vital to achieve success, and a good cup run can only help us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Adekugbe must be in the 18 vs MK.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Sorry Pat, but I wouldn't have put any of that line up on first team duty today. Still too early in their careers for the vast majority of them.

Besides, if things go wrong, and we have to chase the game, we need to be able to bring on experienced first team regulars in order to do that.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Adekugbe must be in the 18 vs MK.
He's just come back from injury, so I'd be surprised.

Sorry Pat, but I wouldn't have put any of that line up on first team duty today. Still too early in their careers for the vast majority of them.

Besides, if things go wrong, and we have to chase the game, we need to be able to bring on experienced first team regulars in order to do that.

Thought Hall might have made the bench, Tighe has been ok. With all teams playing though, the squads might be a little stretched.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
By 'normal' you mean a squad with no out & out strikers? It seems we only have three permanent strikers at the club and one on loan. Hambo is always injured too. Lots of work still to do in the window.

Ayunga is also a striker but I believe he is on loan in the Conference South somewhere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here