Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Ride

nedi126

Jan 6, 2009
Going to the game tomorrow can anyone confirm that the park and ride is working tomorrow as usual please.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Going to the game tomorrow can anyone confirm that the park and ride is working tomorrow as usual please.
No Park and Ride, and albion carparks are sold out.

You'll need to park in Brighton or Lewes and train/bus it from there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The sensible answer would be for B & H buses to use Mill Rd etc but charge as people get on the bus IMHO rather than the club charge extra for tickets so that those who use it pay for th privilege.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The sensible answer would be for B & H buses to use Mill Rd etc but charge as people get on the bus IMHO rather than the club charge extra for tickets so that those who use it pay for th privilege.

I agree , my brother and I both think this would be a good idea, I am sure if it was open we would get a much bigger crowd today

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Football stadiums were generally in the middle of urban areas in the old days and were therefore much more readily accessible.

I agree. I live in mid-Sussex and there are no trains down to Brighton today. Having to get buses then trains blah blah. Not after applause, just feel that if I wish to go to the game then that's the score.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In the old days, you could basically park where you wanted , shame you can't park in Coldean that would of made life easier

A few games agonising hired a driveway space off someone in Coldham from one of the sites that does such things.

Walking back after the game it was evident a fair few fans had just parked on the road quite a way into Coldham.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree. I live in mid-Sussex and there are no trains down to Brighton today. Having to get buses then trains blah blah. Not after applause, just feel that if I wish to go to the game then that's the score.
True. The Amex is an amazing stadium but useless to get to for most people if the trains and park and ride aren't functioning. Last year I stopped my car park season ticket at the bridge as they included Eastbourne in the travel scheme. The scheme is wonderful just as long as the trains can be relied on. The strike action and general poor service has led me to renew at the bridge even though I hate it. How I long for the Goldstone parking situation. Turn up and park near Newtown Road just before the bridge. Oh well. Those days are gone.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I'm thinking of parking at the marina and using my bus pass from there. Any idea how rigidly they enforce the 4 hour maximum limit?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm thinking of parking at the marina and using my bus pass from there. Any idea how rigidly they enforce the 4 hour maximum limit?

I doubt they do as there is no CCTV when entering the multi-story car park there and never seen a parking steward type person

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Football stadiums were generally in the middle of urban areas in the old days and were therefore much more readily accessible.

But there were a lot fewer cars around then - about 12m in 1970, about 30m now. If we had those levels of car ownership in the 60s and 70s, the Goldstone (and other stadiums) wouldn't be so readily accessible

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is only a limit at the Asda park, there is no limit at the free Marina Multistory. ( or there didn't used to be.)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here