Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham Fan in peace

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thought I'd let you guys know that you impressed our lot on Monday
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=57296.0
Oh and good luck for the season, genuinely hope you go up (as well as us of course, but I doubt it!) :laugh:

We had a fine time, and feel we mugged you again. Check out, for instance, the Apologies to Fulham thread on here.
Obviously it's a good moment for us at present, so we're quite buoyant, but if you can sort a few things out (this sounds harsh: but it involves your attack/Matt Smith; bits of your defence especially your centre backs; and your goalkeeper) you have a good chance of making the play-offs and even getting something out of them.
There's one strange comment in that thread: it claimed we were quiet :shrug:

AlexW132

Jan 6, 2017
We had a fine time, and feel we mugged you again. Check out, for instance, the Apologies to Fulham thread on here.
Obviously it's a good moment for us at present, so we're quite buoyant, but if you can sort a few things out (this sounds harsh: but it involves your attack/Matt Smith; bits of your defence especially your centre backs; and your goalkeeper) you have a good chance of making the play-offs and even getting something out of them.
You can thank Steve McClaren for forcing us to play Smith up front, I don't know if you have heard about 'Martingate' but I imagine you heard us express our feelings about the situation on Monday! ('We don't you here' chant). Also with Ayité off to the AFCON we didn't have much choice up front. Our defense is heavily reliant on Tomas Kalas, we haven't been the same since he got injured. I envy yours, Duffy and Dunk are two quality defenders. And the Goalkeeper no one really likes, but he isn't actually that bad, just not a fan favorite like Stockdale was. It brought back good memories seeing him in action again!

AlexW132

Jan 6, 2017
Oh and you definitely weren't quiet either

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought I'd let you guys know that you impressed our lot on Monday
We impressed by getting away with one? Again.

I'm not saying we were poor, Fulham are an excellent side when they have the ball, and we needed to be decent in defence. And we managed a few dangerous attacks. But I'd feel a bit hard done by if I was a Fulham fan. I guess that's the way it goes when one teams is confident and things are going their way.

Oh and good luck for the season, genuinely hope you go up (as well as us of course, but I doubt it!) :laugh:
Thanks. I was thinking this week who I'd most like to see promoted, and chose (after us obvs) Huddersfield and Fulham. That would be sweet, if somewhat unrealistic (not the Fulham bit, the no Newcastle bit).

Good luck to you guys too.

AlexW132

Jan 6, 2017
We impressed by getting away with one? Again.

I'm not saying we were poor, Fulham are an excellent side when they have the ball, and we needed to be decent in defence. And we managed a few dangerous attacks. But I'd feel a bit hard done by if I was a Fulham fan. I guess that's the way it goes when one teams is confident and things are going their way.

Thanks. I was thinking this week who I'd most like to see promoted, and chose (after us obvs) Huddersfield and Fulham. That would be sweet, if somewhat unrealistic (not the Fulham bit, the no Newcastle bit).

Good luck to you guys too.
I think impressed as in your fans rather than your team

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
For me Fulham have twice looked one of best footballing sides in the division - but are just not clinical when on top.

Both games should have been over by half time but Fulham were made to pay for being wasteful.

Always an enjoyable fixture and a great bunch of fans. Good luck for the rest of the season - especially against our rivals for promotion.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I always think of Fulham as a strange side - in the Prem they were always mid table and never really did anything spectacular. A girl I worked with was a STH and whenever she mentioned she supported Fulham the reaction was "really".

Thanks for your comments Alex and hope you do well. You have a nice ground there on the banks of the Thames.:bigwave:

Feels like there is a mutual appreciation between Brighton and Fulham fans. We've both known tough times in recent decades and so we both know how to appreciate the good times when they roll around. Added to that, Craven Cottage is a great old ground and fairly accessible, it made for a good day all round.

I wouldn't have complained if we'd lost to you, but thankfully for us we won.

Will be happy to return in the future, but would be nice for all of us if that was in the Premiership.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Our last three matches at the Cottage have been memorable for different reasons, but always a cracking trip regardless.

We got away with it this time, we turned it on for 10-15 mins and won the game. With the balls they were getting into the box (unlike us), if Fulham had a Murray or Hemed instead of Smith they'd possibly have been out of sight. Played some lovely football through midfield and deserved something out of the game.

Good luck for the rest if the season - if we go up, would be delighted to see you up as well.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Thanks. Love going to Craven cottage and the fact we get so many tickets. I think Fulham are one of the best sides we've played and I can see them making a late push.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here