Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking options when there is no Park & Ride

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I know NSC will know the answer - What are the options? Where can I safely leave the car tomorrow?

I've had friends before park around Upper Wellington Road/Elm Grove/Franklin Road area (free street parking) round by where I live and then get the 25 on Lewes Road to the University and just queue at the bus stop by the station for the journey back towards town. The 25 takes about 15 mins max on a Saturday. Trouble is it will cost you a bus ride.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Secure Car park in Blackman Street, a spot of lunch around North Laine, maybe a refreshing infusion of barley malt and hops, then a short train ride to Falmer, return and repeat before going home.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Will the wardens be out in force in permit areas for this game?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I saw cars being ticketed in Coldean on the Sunday of the Lazio game, so, yes, I imagine there'll be wardens out

Believe a load of cars were ticketed during the last game in Falmer Road too (near the layby halfway up the hill to Woodingdean, where they were parked on the grass verge and not un the layby)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lewes, and train or bus to Falmer

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Believe a load of cars were ticketed during the last game in Falmer Road too (near the layby halfway up the hill to Woodingdean, where they were parked on the grass verge and not un the layby)

Good, anyone parking on the verge deserves a ticket as those idiots are going to ruin it for the rest of us who get there early to try and get a spot in one of the laybys.

If the verge parking continues, I can see the council just coneing the laybys off completely and then we're all stuck with park and ride.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good, anyone parking on the verge deserves a ticket as those idiots are going to ruin it for the rest of us who get there early to try and get a spot in one of the laybys.

If the verge parking continues, I can see the council just coneing the laybys off completely and then we're all stick with park and ride.

Agreed.....there were cars all over the place for the QPR game, not seen it like that before. It's no big deal (if you're able) to use the car park or industrial estate at the top.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Agreed.....there were cars all over the place for the QPR game, not seen it like that before. It's no big deal (if you're able) to use the car park or industrial estate at the top.

Exactly.

If all spaces are gone when we arrive I just drive on to the race course park and ride.

Behaving like a selfish idiot is just going to ruin it for everyone eventually.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly.

If all spaces are gone when we arrive I just drive on to the race course park and ride.

Behaving like a selfish idiot is just going to ruin it for everyone eventually.

At least one car ticketed again tonight, parked on the verge on the Northern end of the layby.....................

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Secure Car park in Blackman Street, a spot of lunch around North Laine, maybe a refreshing infusion of barley malt and hops, then a short train ride to Falmer, return and repeat before going home.

Not sure boozing before and after the game match if you have the car is a great idea, to be fair.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If the verge parking continues, I can see the council just coneing the laybys off completely and then we're all stuck with park and ride.

If you choose to drive to games, what is wrong with being 'stuck with park and ride'? It's convenient and it's free, what more can you ask for? How many other clubs offer their fans this facility?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you choose to drive to games, what is wrong with being 'stuck with park and ride'? It's convenient and it's free, what more can you ask for? How many other clubs offer their fans this facility?

Apologies, I didn't mean it to come across that way. I'm certainly not complaining about our park and ride. It works well and is a very good service. I've used the race course one a good few times.

I just prefer to get there early and park up in one of those laybys so we can stroll down at our leisure and also stroll back at our leisure at the end of the game without having to queue anywhere. If all parking spaces are gone then we just go to the racecourse P&R instead as 2nd option. I as good as gave up on the trains because Southern are unable to provide a reliable service.

People illegally parking up on the verges because they can't fit in the laybys have already attracted the council's attention, and I can honestly see the council just closing those laybys off on match days if this verge parking ends up getting out of hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here