Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11.30 kick off Cardiff v fulham

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
The cup match at Cardiff tomorrow is 11.30am. I have never seen a match start that early. Midday is bad enough to get to. The Albion v palace a few years back I think was a midday one.
anyone know of such early starts for the Albion before?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The cup match at Cardiff tomorrow is 11.30am. I have never seen a match start that early. Midday is bad enough to get to. The Albion v palace a few years back I think was a midday one.
Article in the paper tonight saying there is only one train Fulham fans can get that arrives before Ko, and that gets in at 11.

Ko time was requested by BBC Wales apparently

Jul 7, 2003
We had an 11:30 kick off at Leicester on Boxing Day back in the early 90's if I remember correctly. Drove up from Worthing and the roads were so empty we had to head north of Leicester to Forest East services to find somewhere open for breakfast. Seem to recall than several hundred Albion fans made it there for kick off only to be annoyed as the locals couldn't get out of bed and the kick off was delayed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
BBC yet to respond to complaint over 'insulting' kick-off move.

Fan groups at Fulham and Cardiff City have written to BBC Wales expressing their dismay at the corporation's decision to reschedule the kick-off of their FA Cup tie to 11.30am for television broadcast.
FSF affiliates The Fulham Supporters' Trust and Cardiff City Supporters' Trust have written a joint letter to the head of sport at BBC Wales to make their displeasure at the unusually early kick-off time known. Currently, there is only one direct pre-match train service available to Fulham fans, arriving into Cardiff at 10.59am.
"Picking a time of 11.30am is particularly insulting to the supporters who are the lifeblood of the game," said Neil Springate, FSF national council member and the Fulham Supporters Trust secretary.
"We are appreciative of both clubs' attempts to provide free travel options for their fans, but any previous planned initiatives to improve attendance at this fixture will have been doomed by this decision.
"As a public service broadcaster, BBC Wales should have a duty to consider the wider implications of their scheduling - and the fact that you have chosen this kick-off time shows just how far the ordinary fan has slipped down the pecking order in the modern game."
At the time of publication, the BBC has yet to respond to the complaint.

http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fulham-fans-unhappy-with-bbcs-insulting-kick-off-time

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We had an 11:30 kick off at Leicester on Boxing Day back in the early 90's if I remember correctly. Drove up from Worthing and the roads were so empty we had to head north of Leicester to Forest East services to find somewhere open for breakfast. Seem to recall than several hundred Albion fans made it there for kick off only to be annoyed as the locals couldn't get out of bed and the kick off was delayed.

Too right have driven there to arrive well ahead of kick off somewhat p***ed off about delay for locals

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

The match is on Sunday

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't we play Pompey at Withdean on a Saturday with a very early KO ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here