Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fort Lauderdale shooting

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Some gruesome stuff on Twitter. All happened in baggage pick up. Horrendous.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Shooter seems to have been named on Twitter as Esteban Santiago and apparently carrying military ID so if true then neither Islamic terrorist nor white guy with gun and a grievance.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Some gruesome stuff on Twitter. All happened in baggage pick up. Horrendous.

Smudge there will be a lot of cruises going from Port Everglades today won't there?

Sounds like terminal 1 evacuated now too.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Unconfirmed additional shooting at the airport. This explains all the running that passengers were doing after the initial situation seemed to calm down.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes but all Americans have the right to bear arms. Until they deal with this shootings will be commonplace I'm afraid

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Smudge there will be a lot of cruises going from Port Everglades today won't there?

Sounds like terminal 1 evacuated now too.

Yes I expect there will. I'm NCL, but I know the big RCCL ships head out of there, so I imagine a lot of the guests use that airport, not to mention sign on / off crew.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Crikey, already insinuating that Trump was to blame, eh? He polled more Latino votes than Mitt Romney in the previous election and scored a very creditable 29%.

Whether or not turkeys vote for christmas he's still a xenophobe and a racist. Even before claiming power he is creating a culture of hatred and intolerance that will lead to a supremacist meritocracy and an inevitable backlash from those it oppresses.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Did he shoot Donald, oh I do hope so.

Hopefully, that's just a 'Friday night' throw away comment if not you need to have a serious word with yourself. As much as I dislike Trump or any other politician who I find repulsive/disagree with, wishing them dead is and should be a step to far.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whether or not turkeys vote for christmas he's still a xenophobe and a racist. Even before claiming power he is creating a culture of hatred and intolerance that will lead to a supremacist meritocracy and an inevitable backlash from those it oppresses.

He's not a racist IMO. He's an opportunist and rabble-rouser but I don't think he means what he says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here