Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Albion main headline on Guardian homepage

0 Not allowed!
    Sadly not for a good reason either

https://www..com/society/2017/jan/06...bs-restaurants
    "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Correct link: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...bs-restaurants

Barber has already addressed this.

The clubs statement:
      FOOTBALL CLUB DISAPPOINTED AT HMRC NAMING

Brighton & Hove Albion are very disappointed, that despite representations to the Minister for Business Innovation and Skills, they have been "named" as a business adjudged by the HMRC as having failed to pay the national minimum wage.

The case resulted from the club being over generous in paying the expenses of an individual on a work experience placement at the club two years ago. The minor administrative error was corrected by the club as soon as it was established the payments had been made in error.

The club had acted in good faith, having taken external legal advice, and in the belief that it did not breach employment regulations.

The club is responsible employer who values its staff, pays all staff over and above the National Living Wage, provides additional benefits to all full-time staff, including free meals, twice a day, a bonus scheme and other benefits.

As a result of the HMRC's decision (to which there is no right of appeal) the club has suspended its work experience programme, and has since been forced to close the door to many graduates seeking such opportunities.

A spokesperson for Brighton & Hove Albion said, "As a business we feel our reputation as a responsible employer has been very unfairly tarnished. We are one of the few clubs who pays its staff the over and above the national living wage.

"Unfortunately, in light of this, we are now more risk averse in terms of offering work experience opportunities. This means we are unable to give as many valuable on-the-job work experience opportunities to those looking to further their career or break into this highly competitive industry.”

"It is a shame because a number of people who've spent time with us, on work experience placements, have gone on to win successful job roles across the football and sports industry, at the highest level - here in the Premier League and EFL and others abroad."

Last year Brighton & Hove Albion were voted by its own staff as the Best Football Club to Work For at the Football Business Awards; while the club also expanded its employee benefits to include a hot breakfast and lunch for every member of full-time staff, and added every single member of staff - including all matchday and casual staff - to a promotion bonus scheme alongside its players and coaching staff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      This has already been explained and is old news.

Nothing to see really.

0 Not allowed!
      Old news although Albion won't be thanking the Grauniad!

0 Not allowed!
      Old news, Guardian using the club to sell papers...

"These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      On the plus side the photo used is a front on shot so the kit looks pretty good(apart from the iron on patch, obviously). And we're scoring in the photo. And I was at that game. Lots of positives really.

0 Not allowed!
      Older story than in fish n chip papers
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      Grauniad retreads old news, by a freelancer writing about minimum wage. delicious irony sandwich.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

1 Not allowed!
      That article is a bit of a disgrace really, with us highlighted like that.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm