Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA Cup Giant Killings

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
After recently watching Brighton beat Liverpool on BT sport (looked like a cracking atmosphere, unfortunately I wasn't even born) would you want a big name in the next round? or do you want to

I still like the FA Cup and love watching the draw, but I agree it could become a distraction this season, however the chance to go to Old Trafford or the Emirates would be hard to turn down!

Another question "if" we drew a top team, do you think Hughton would play our strongest 11 or rotate the squad?

I personally would like us to beat MK Dons keep the momentum going UTA!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was thinking the exact same scenario re first getting past MK and then drawing a top six Premier side and then wondering what standard of team we would field compared with tomorrow's side.

I hope we do get this scenario and then I think CH would put more of a first team together for the challenge. I don't think it would be a full first team choice though - something in between.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have to say, this season and this season only, I want us to go out like a lame duck.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It was an absolutely tremendous game - fantastic atmosphere.
I believe it was one of our first games on a Sunday (or is my memory playing tricks on me) - I remember a load of kids at Redhill station with a banner reading "Aldershot Reds" which is almost as bizarre as the "Gatwick Wolves" banner that used to appear at Withdean !
More games in the F A Cup definitely means more playing time for the likes of Maenpaa,Hünemeier and Towell which can only be a good thing

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Back in the days Brighton were in the lower leagues i always wanted them to draw a big club, but now they are top of the league likely to go up to the top league i think a lower seeded club would be best or even to go out.

Those big FA cup games will be every week next season. Lets leave the big FA cup draws to the little clubs... like Wednesday :)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Personally I'd like to see a settled cup XI go on a run with a smattering of first teamers - say Hemed/March and one of Norwood/Sidwell alongside Kayal be allowed to show their metal with the aim of playing themselves into contention for a starting league spot.

If we beat MK, get another favourable draw and win that then draw a big top six Prem club home or away then those players responsible for getting us there should be allowed to keep their places.

Would be excellent morale boosting stuff all round.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have to say, this season and this season only, I want us to go out like a lame duck.

Have to say I agree. This is arguably our best opportunity to reach the top flight, and I want no distractions from that goal.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I can see the benefit of an early cup exit as it can be a distraction, but I'd love to see us win tomorrow just to keep the momentum and feel good factor going.

I think we have enough depth to play a strong second eleven tomorrow and in future cup games, without it causing much inconvenience to our league performances. It'd do some players like Hemed, Towell, Goldson, Maenpaa good to get some game time in competitive matches, not just the crappy Checkatrade Trophy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think we can win this even with our reserves [emoji6]

Man City in the final, so we can reduce Pep to tears.

Goldson last minute winner from Skalak corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I think results breed results... so for me a run to the quarter finals would be great... maybe a glorious extra time defeat away to Man U or Arsenal... then leaving the team to revel in that glory, and take the good vibe into the final promotion run in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Keep the feel good factor around the club. Field the reserves and want them to get through. Then get an easy game in the 4th.

Get to the 1/4s and play a decent side to get to Wembley.

Big games coming up and don't want a loss

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Love the FA Cup, always have. Especially with the impressive runs in recent years. I'd rather us try and get as far as we can in all honesty.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
From a purely selfish point of view, I have plans that I can't miss on Fourth Round/Newcastle home day so would like us to win tomorrow and get another similar home tie in Round 4. Then we can play a similar team (with hopefully Rosenior for example also being fit) and get a decent draw in Round 5, where we go out to a big club in a close game. That would only leave us to catch up two league games (most in this division will have one) and mean I can go to a big match!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Walton and hersham
Leatherhead
Sudbury
Canvey island
Kingstonian.

All days I remember and make me shudder

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I can see the benefit of an early cup exit as it can be a distraction, but I'd love to see us win tomorrow just to keep the momentum and feel good factor going.

I think we have enough depth to play a strong second eleven tomorrow and in future cup games, without it causing much inconvenience to our league performances. It'd do some players like Hemed, Towell, Goldson, Maenpaa good to get some game time in competitive matches, not just the crappy Checkatrade Trophy.

Agreed. I'd like to see CH field a team of players needing some match time and if we get some results, all well and good. Be great to reach the final with a second 11 and go to Wembley with a full throttle newly promoted team. :albion2:
I'll leave it with our messiah. Happy if he fields the ball boys.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here