Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Partridge - Nomad

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Anyone read/listened?

Listened to about an hour of it so far. Yet another excellent addition to the Partridge canon. The Partron.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Read it in one sitting on a flight. Loved it.

I never read I, Partridge, listened to it walking around, which lead to many an embarrassing snort as I tried to stop myself laughing out loud.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's superb. The most recent Mid Morning Matters series was some of the best Partridge ever. He's absolutely nailed the character now, and the writing is perfect.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It's superb. The most recent Mid Morning Matters series was some of the best Partridge ever. He's absolutely nailed the character now, and the writing is perfect.

Is there any other comedy character that has managed to stay as good for so long?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Anyone read/listened?

Listened to about an hour of it so far. Yet another excellent addition to the Partridge canon. The Partron.

I can't do YouTube at work, but is the WHOLE THING on there - the entire audiobook ?
If so, I'm going to be all over that like white on rice.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Planning on listening to this instead of reading it. I, Partridge was great but would have been a million times better in his voice.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Totally disagree. Found it amusing at times but not a patch on I'm Alan Partridge. Granted it's better than the first run on it he did on YouTube but still not great IMO. Oh and the less said about the film the better. That said I thought Scissored Isle was great and The Places in my Life also very good.

Just bought the book as it was £1.99 for the kindle edition. Nearly finished my current book so I'll give it a go next.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Totally disagree. Found it amusing at times but not a patch on I'm Alan Partridge. Granted it's better than the first run on it he did on YouTube but still not great IMO. Oh and the less said about the film the better. That said I thought Scissored Isle was great and The Places in my Life also very good.

Just bought the book as it was £1.99 for the kindle edition. Nearly finished my current book so I'll give it a go next.

The genius of the writing is in the development of the character as he ages, i.e. the increasing bitterness towards youth, conscious of his own mortality, his ham-fisted attempts to be politically correct in an increasingly PC world.

The best thing about the book 'I, Partridge' was the way he re-wrote history, highlighting his vanity and conceit.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've got the book but audible have an offer for 2.99 a month for three months at the moment and was thinking about using one of the credits and getting the audio book as people have recommended audio book versions of his before.

Worth it or shall I just stick with the book?

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Scissored Isle was also fantastic, if you haven't seen it.

"He could find a banquet in a bin bag, but couldn't find real balls in his own ballbag."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Agree to disagree - was nearly on the floor with tears of laughter at a number of points, particularly in the first 3 episodes - Tim Key is a huge addition as well, his best supporting character. His clumsy way of sneaking in adverts for a Range Rover, and people using his phone-in as a sort of Gumtree, were utterly stunning. I just think they know what his character is so much better now.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

I think a lot of MMM is up there with the best of AP and love the one off documentaries they've done.
It's fantastic how the character has developed whilst maintaining a high quality IMHO like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree to disagree - was nearly on the floor with tears of laughter at a number of points, particularly in the first 3 episodes - Tim Key is a huge addition as well, his best supporting character. His clumsy way of sneaking in adverts for a Range Rover, and people using his phone-in as a sort of Gumtree, were utterly stunning. I just think they know what his character is so much better now.

Two of my Top 10 favourite ever Partridge quotes were in MMM:

1. "We have a caller on the line who fears he may be a gay, he's married so we'll only refer to him by his christian name. This is Domingo from Little Oakley...."

2. Referring to Dave Clifton's dockside pleasuring of tramps as "some sort of diabolical soup kitchen".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Two of my Top 10 favourite ever Partridge quotes were in MMM:

1. "We have a caller on the line who fears he may be a gay, he's married so we'll only refer to him by his christian name. This is Domingo from Little Oakley...."

2. Referring to Dave Clifton's dockside pleasuring of tramps as "some sort of diabolical soup kitchen".

and the other 8?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
AP can do no wrong in my eyes, saw his show at Brighton a few years ago and thought he was great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here